Technical Accounting, Policy and Research Manager
Company: Bally's Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
A career with Bally's means starting on a path to endless
possibilities. Our growing business is in search of service minded
individuals who are looking for a place to build and grow; a place
to excel; a place to truly make a difference. If you are looking to
be challenged in an exciting, fast paced environment, this is the
place for you!
The role: The Manager of Technical Accounting, Policy and Research
will be responsible for maintaining the Company's accounting
website and accounting policy manual along with other related
procedural and policy manuals. This role will conduct accounting
research and provide technical accounting support to
cross-functional team members. This role will review and advise on
unique and complex transactions for appropriate GAAP treatment,
lead the Company's efforts on the adoption and implementation of
new accounting pronouncements and will partner with the external
reporting team to ensure that required disclosures are complete and
accurate in the Company's publicly filed financial statements (Form
10-Qs and Form 10-Ks). This role reports to the Director of
Corporate Accounting - Technical Accounting & M&A and will
partner extensively with others in multiple areas of the business
including external reporting, corporate accounting, finance, and
- Develop and maintain the Company's Accounting Website,
Accounting Policy Manual and other related policy and procedural
- Research unique or complex transactions contemplated and/or
entered into by the Company to determine appropriate accounting
- Prepare accounting analysis and memorandums to support
accounting positions taken by the Company.
- Lead the Company's accounting procedures under ASC 805 along
with the preparation of opening balance sheet and valuation
procedures of acquired companies, working with external valuation
experts and other advisors as appropriate.
- Prepare annual and interim goodwill and long-lived asset
- Review and document the Company's accounting for lease
arrangements under ASC 842.
- Serve as the main technical contact for the annual external
audit and quarterly reviews through communication with external
auditors and preparation of analysis and documentation.
- Monitor FASB and SEC developments to identify and document the
potential impact of new pronouncements or other authoritative
guidance to the company's global operations
- Lead Company efforts related to the implementation of new
accounting pronouncements and disclosure requirements, as
- Prepare and/or review Form 10-Q and Form 10-K disclosures on
accounting policies and pronouncements, complex transactions or
other disclosures as assigned.
- Strong U.S. GAAP and SEC acumen and understanding of accounting
and financial reporting matters.
- Decision making and strong analytical skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Strong documentation and communication skills and the ability
to present findings to management.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively with
others to achieve the common goal.
- Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize
assignments and consistently meet deadlines. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related, accredited field
- 4+ years experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or a
public company environment.
- Experience in Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting
- CPA certification required
- Experience in Foreign Currency accounting, business
combinations (ASC 805), revenue recognition (ASC 606), lease
accounting (ASC 842), and Equity method investments (ASC 323)
Keywords: Bally's Corporation, Providence , Technical Accounting, Policy and Research Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!