Student Intern - Claims Accounting
Company: Amica Mutual Insurance Company
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Claims Executive Department
100 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865Want to join a company where doing
good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual.Our office located in Lincoln, RI is seeking
an intern to work within the Claims Accounting section of our
Claims Executive Department. The working hours are 37.5 hours per
week during the summer months.Our internship is designed for
individuals who are currently enrolled full time at an accredited
- Assist in the process of resolving issues from our internal
applications like Contact Manager and Claim Center with other
members of the team.
- Generate reports using Amica internal reporting tool such as
MicroStrategy and Guidewire.
- Follow workflow and procedures and provide enhancement to
- Support Financial Systems group with projects as needed.
- Reconcile daily reports created by our system related to
providers and insureds.
- Assist with day to day Claims Accounting functionsJob
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a group setting.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with a variety of
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel & Outlook email.
- Flexible and willing to learn how to use a variety of computer
programs, perhaps less familiar (e.g., SharePoint, OneDrive,
Guidewire, etc.)This Amica experience will be an excellent way for
students to receive hands-on experience.All candidates must submit
a cover letter and resume.About Amica
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America's oldest mutual insurer
of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home,
marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a
wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement
solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of
mind and building enduring relationships for and with our
exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of
employees in offices nationwide share and support.Equal Opportunity
Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the
United States will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity,
age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability,
mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other
class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to
individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject
to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.*cb*IND15
Keywords: Amica Mutual Insurance Company, Providence , Student Intern - Claims Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Lincoln, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!