Accounting Clerk - Graduate Providence Hotel
Company: Graduate Providence
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Located in the heart of downtown Providence, Rhode Island, the 294-room Graduate Providence is a landmark hotel with an illustrious past. Designed by the celebrated firm Warren and Wetmore, the architects behind New York City's Grand Central Station, the hotel debuted to widespread acclaim in 1922 and quickly became the tourist and social center of Providence. Today, deeply woven within the city's fabric and culture and beloved by generations of guests, the Graduate Providence is an authentic Providence tradition. The Graduate Providence is a member of the Historic Hotels of America.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring the key functions of cash handling, accounts payable, accounts receivable processing, and collections, are completed in a timely and accurate manner. They assist the Accounting Department to maintain accurate and timely financial reporting; ensure acceptable levels of internal control; and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and Highgate Hotels Standard Operating Procedures.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel(s).
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag while working.
- Comply at all times with Highgate standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times. Be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Assist the sales effort by partnering with the Sales and Events Team to establish customer credit in accordance with Highgate's policies and procedures, to include but not limited to the application process, reference checks, credit limits, direct bill listing, deposit requirements and other credit related activities.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements and schedules.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion and communicate all issues and/or disputes to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, issue dunning letters, monitor returned checks and charge backs, perform collection calls and prepare bad debt write-offs.
- Reconciling PO's from Birchstreet to match the departmental invoices on a daily basis, responsible for weekly vendor check runs through Oracle. Handle all aspects of Accounts Payable and daily reports
- Maintain responsibility for the daily Accounts Receivable credit, billing, and collection process.
- Monitor payment requirements on groups or functions and process deposits.
- Approve or decline credit requests.
- Complete collection calls on each appropriate outstanding accounts and maintain collection files on each outstanding issue.
- Reconcile invoices against ledgers or schedules to ensure accuracy of invoicing.
- Attend and contribute to periodic meetings (pre-con, credit, etc.) as required.
- Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain an adequate supply of cash/change and provide cash/change to all departments as needed
- Prepare Cash Over/Short reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Issue and redeem cashier banks as needed by the departments with the approval of the supervisor(s).
- Audit cashier banks as required by hotel standards and maintain all documentation and cashier contracts.
- Process "due backs" on a timely basis.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviation to policy.
- Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial occurrences and/or significant deviations from policies and procedures.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Marginal Responsibilities :
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas, and assist in finding and implementing their solutions
- Assist with other Accounting Duties as needed
- Other duties as required
Keywords: Graduate Providence, Providence , Accounting Clerk - Graduate Providence Hotel, Accounting, Auditing , Providence, Rhode Island
here to apply!