Chief Financial Officer
Company: smartShift Technologies
Posted on: November 11, 2019
As a rapidly growing technology company that leverages a
game-changing automation platform to accelerate and de-risk the
digital transformation of large and complex IT systems, smartShift
is seeking a talented and proven CFO to be responsible for
analysing and understanding the results of the company from both a
financial and operational perspective. This person will be
responsible for the financial planning and analysis of the business
and will serve as a business partner to several members of the
executive and leadership team. He/she will be responsible for
providing critical insights on matters of growth, corporate
development and other strategic initiatives. The CFO will be part
of the company's Senior Management team and responsible for leading
the Finance & Accounting teams in the U.S., Europe & India.
Critical Success Factors:
- Hands-on and detail-oriented - with the ability to see the big
- Excellent business sense
- The drive to develop and institutionalize processes that will
bring the finance function to the next level; adept at identifying
issues, developing solutions via process, and successfully
- Effectively manage various team members and resources across
the world Responsibilities:
- Manage the development and consolidation of the annual
- Lead the proactive, timely and accurate development of monthly
forecasts and forward-looking quarterly guidance, responsible for
pro-forma modelling of business scenarios.
- Manage the controller who is responsible for daily, month end,
quarter end and year end accounting in a manner supporting a
multi-currency system and in compliance with the US GAAP and with
local accounting standards.
- Coordinate with and provide supporting documentation to the
external auditors, the tax auditors and to tax consultants as
needed alongside with the controller.
- Responsible to File, pay and reconcile taxes across the
- Prepare budget to actual reports, review results; investigate
and interpret unusual trends and variances to forecast
- Analyse operating and financial results; spot trends and
opportunities and develop alternatives for improvement and champion
business case for change when needed
- Assist in preparation of presentations for the Board of
Directors and other corporate meetings: The reports should support
decision making and provide business intelligence. Ensure that the
reports are accurate, complete and prepared on time.
- Provide business owners and senior leaders with financial
analysis to drive decision-making
- Support company operational, sales and business development
activities through financial modelling and analysis
- Support and oversee the bookkeeping and accounting
responsibilities for the company, including but not limited to:
revenue recognition, internal controls and processes, cash
management and accounting systems.
- Treasure management: management of the company liquidity and
mitigating its operational and financial risk.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis Qualifications & Traits:
- Bachelors degree in accounting; MBA and/or CPA a plus7 or more
years of experience in a finance management role
- Strong understanding of business and financial modelling,
forecasting, variance and trend analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; knowledge of NetSuite a plus
- Highly self-motivated with excellent prioritization and
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid business sense combined with the ability to think broadly
- Ability to work comfortably in an evolving environment and
convert ambiguity to clarity
smartShift at a glance:
smartShift modernizes, moves and manages SAP applications, for
industry-leading companies seeking to realize the full potential of
S/4HANA and hyperscale cloud infrastructure. Leveraging
smartShift's Intelligent Automation Platform, smartShift clients
complete SAP system transformations exponentially faster and with
significantly less risk. They upgrade to S/4 HANA in a matter of
months, minimize disruption to their business, while freeing up
their limited IT resources for higher value, more strategic work.
smartShift's automation has been used to modernize over 1,000 SAP
systems, analyze and convert 2B lines of code, while achieving an
error rate of less than 0.1%. For more information, visit .
Keywords: smartShift Technologies, Providence , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!