Posted on: October 18, 2020
HopeHealth is seeking an experienced Receptionist for its
affiliate HopeHealth Hospice & Palliative Care.
The Receptionist is a multi-faceted position providing exceptional
customer service while serving as first line of communication for
patients, families, visitors, business partners, and staff.
Actively supports the security environment for the building by
managing visitors and deliveries to the main entrance of the
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Efficiently handles multi-line switchboard for Hope Hospice &
Palliative Care Rhode Island while providing professional, accurate
and courteous service to the callers.
- Provides information to callers or routes calls to the
appropriate party or takes accurate messages to relay information.
Ensures all messages are sent to teams and after hours'/triage
staff within timely manner, confirming receipt of messages.
- Greets, assists, directs all visitors of the agency at the
Providence site. Notifies in-house staff of waiting visitors.
- Ensures sign-in of all visitors and provides security badges to
those who require access to the building. Verifies and signs for
deliveries; notifies recipient of arrival. Secures main lobby area
ensuring doors to conference rooms and kitchenette area are locked
and unlocked as appropriate.
- Maintains schedules for conference rooms, responding to and
processing requests for room bookings, documenting bookings, and
proactively addressing conflicts. Sends confirmation for all
- Supports clerical needs of the department, division and
organization. Performs data entry of clinical activity into the
Netsmart system in a timely fashion in support of the
organization's billing activities.
- Prepares and edits various correspondence and materials.
Copies, collates, assembles and distributes materials as requested.
Sorts and distributes paychecks, timesheets, employee newsletters
and other materials to employees.
- Supports special projects, such as mailings, for the Human
Resources, Finance and other departments as assigned.
- Processes mail by sorting incoming mail. Carefully identifies
mail to be distributed to Human Resources, Philanthropy, Finance
and other key organizational functions while maintaining
confidentiality and ensuring mail is distributed to appropriate
areas. Distributes mail to appropriate individuals and departments.
Prepares all outgoing mail, stamping and completing mass
- Maintains and processes courier services, as well as overnight
and other mail delivery as requested. Monitors and ensures that the
appropriate amount of postage is available for the postage machine
at all times. Prepares check request to add funds as
- Acts as liaison to defined resources for reporting of
equipment, facility or courier problems/concerns. Follows up on
service requests and proactively report any unresolved service
issues to the Director of Support Services.
- Monitors parking stickers utilized by staff for RI Hospital and
ensures that they are available, making recommendations for
reordering as appropriate.
- As assigned, assists with other facilities management functions
such as assisting with uniform tracking and distribution, compiling
forms for admission packets, reporting maintenance issues (i.e.,
broken lamp, clogged sink, etc.) to the Manager of Support
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
- High school education or equivalent plus additional specialized
- Minimum one-year experience in reception and switchboard
operation with demonstrated experience multitasking in a complex
environment while exhibiting strong problem solving skills and
- Extensive customer service experience, preferably in a hospital
or other complex healthcare environment.
- Knowledge and working ability of Microsoft products including
Explorer, Word, Outlook, and Excel. Ability to manage email
functions including scheduling of meetings and calendaring.
- Detailed oriented with demonstrated computer and switchboard
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication.
- Demonstrated communication skills appropriate to having strong
customer relations at all levels of the organization from staff to
management, as well as outside parties. Strong critical thinking
and organizational skills, with ability to work independently and
multi-task in a busy environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters, as well as visitors who
may be experiencing emotional difficulty.
- Ability to work a switchboard with a high degree of accuracy.
Professional personal presentation.
- High degree of reliability with flexibility to adjust schedule
as requested to meet organizational needs, such as to cover vacant
- Competitive health benefits
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company provided life insurance
HopeHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: HopeHealth, Providence , Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!