Company: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Posted on: May 18, 2019
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Develop, write and edit copy for employer segment marketing
communications, corporate/brand publications, internal
communications, and online channels. Ensure adherence to brand and
editorial standards and that marketing messages are in line with
the organization's strategic direction. Collaborate with internal
areas to drive and complete writing projects.
--ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Manage editorial content for ongoing publications and web
- Research, write, provide editorial services, and coordinate
reviews for multiple stakeholder communication pieces. Can include
but is not limited to print collateral, digital content, event
signage and materials, RFPs, and advertising.
- Proofread, edit or rewrite existing copy. Ensure copy is
accurate and well written with the customer in mind, and adheres to
style, corporate, and brand standards.
- Work as part of a project team that includes graphic designers,
communications managers, and other colleagues. Coordinate and
traffic projects using Workfront project management software.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Lead department projects and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related
field; or an equivalent combination of education and work
- Five or more years experience in copywriting or editorial
services or developing corporate communications or marketing
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in the health insurance industry
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
Knowledge of copywriting, editing, research, management,
advertising, change management, and health-related
- Knowledge of corporate communications for external
- Knowledge of internal/employee communications
- Understanding of layout and design process
- Strategic and critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and political savvy
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people in
individual and group settings
- Strong organizing skills, with the ability to prioritize and
respond to shifting deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to manage diverse and deadline-oriented workflow
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and
inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability
to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal
opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
genetic information and gender identity or expression.
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal
laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex,
national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender
identity or expression. Please visit
view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Keywords: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Providence , Sr Copywriter, Advertising , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!