Teacher Assistants for Olneyville
Company: Meeting Street
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Meeting Street believes the dignity of each person is paramount.
We recognize that our community's future strength rests firmly on
our commitment to our values of respect, compassion, integrity,
inclusivity, and excellence.Meeting Street does not discriminate in
services or employment based on ethnicity, race, age, gender
identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, economic
background/circumstances, physical and/or mental abilities, veteran
status, marital status, or resident immigration status. Meeting
Street respects and celebrates the diversity that contributes to a
healthy, caring community. To uphold these commitments, we expect
all employees to recognize and properly respond to racism and other
forms of injustice.AboutMeeting Street's Early Childhood Initiative
in Olneyville is to prepare children in the Olneyville community to
enter school healthy and ready to learn. The summer kindergarten
preparation is for any child in Olneyville who is eligible to start
kindergarten in the fall. The children learn the skills they need
to successfully start kindergarten and families learn how to best
support their child as they prepare to enter school.In this role,
- Assists the Teacher in the classroom with daily activities,
cleanliness, supervision of children, curriculum, and
- Works closely with families in partnership to ensure high
quality care and education for young children.
- Maintains an appropriate, clean and child friendly learning
environment in accordance with state regulations.
- Always maintains supervision of children (Indoor/Outdoor)
utilizing licensing ratios.
- Observes children, as directed by the Teacher, and records
developmental progress for input into summer checklist to assess
Kindergarten readiness.Scheduled Hours: 7:30 AM - 12:30 PM or 12:00
PM to 5:00 PMYour Skills:
- Ability to implement and maintain relevant classroom and
behavior management strategies.
- Ability to develop effective curriculum and lesson plans.
- Ability to relate and communicate sensitively to children and
- Ability to provide feedback to inclusion aides and other team
members.More About You:
- You are passionate about Meeting Street's mission to support
and empower children and families
- You model our agency's values of respect, compassion,
integrity, inclusivity, and excellence in all of your actions and
- You have respect for socioeconomic, cultural, racial, and
linguistic diversity. You are understanding of how social
determinants may impact individuals' experiences, and are
passionate about educating and empowering families experiencing
challenges with injusticesWhat you need:
- Bachelor's degree in early childhood education, child
development or related field.
- Current RIDE teacher certification in early childhood education
- Valid CPR and First Aid training/certification.
- COVID-19 Vaccination RequiredMeeting Street is committed to
ideals of justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, learning and
creating an anti-racist work culture.Learn more about us at
Keywords: Meeting Street, Providence , Teacher Assistants for Olneyville, Education / Teaching , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!