Senior Integration Engineer
Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Posted on: February 23, 2021
This position reports to the Director of Information Technology
and is responsible for the support, maintenance, and development
updates of the application and supporting infrastructure for Rhode
Island's designated Health Information Exchange (CurrentCare). This
is a key role in researching, planning, and prioritizing
integration enhancements for the CurrentCare platform to meet RIQI
user community demands, which include provider, payer, and patient
organizations. The role will also support RIQI development efforts
that rely on system interoperability. The incumbent will work with
project managers, product managers, outsourced partners, and
developers in implementation of HL7, CDA, and IHE integration
programs. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as Integration Engineer for health information exchange
(HIE) interoperability, as well as application-level support of
CurrentCare and related applications, including CurrentCare for Me
and Know My Health.
- Formulates and executes project plans in partnership with IT
and project management leadership.
- Works with Director of Information Technology to establish
implementation timelines, in partnership with project managers,
data engineers, and operation analysts.
- Utilizes InterSystems Cach--, Ensemble, and HealthShare
technologies to support application development, report
development, and third party managed services.
- Plans and coordinates with clients, vendors, and other partners
to ensure seamless and timely integrations.
- Works closely with client stakeholders to identify and mitigate
potential issues and concerns.
- Issues triage, research, and root cause analysis.
- Leads the design and implementation of real-time solutions for
HIE using HL7.
- Monitors and manages interfaces to meet client's needs.
- Pull together cross-functional resources to deliver on-time and
high-quality results beyond the expectations of the customer.
- Collaborates in a team environment on enhancements and design
of key features.
- Collaborates with leadership from across the organization on
the RIQI Project Road Map.
- Communicates status of projects to Director and team
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Requirements Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Computer Science, Engineering,
or a related field.
- Minimum four years' experience in healthcare IT, preferably in
a Business Systems Analyst role with experience with Electronic
Health Record and HIE interface experience.
- Demonstrated experience with InterSystems platform of
technologies including: Cach--, Ensemble, and HealthShare.
- Experience with leading EHR vendors including Epic, Cerner,
Meditech, or eCW.
- Experience with both common and emerging interoperability
standards such as HL7 (V2.x, V3), Integrating the Healthcare
Enterprise profile, and Fast Healthcare Interoperabilty
- Knowledge of encryption standards and technology, strong secure
data exchange background, and expertise with secure exchange
protocols (e.g., HTTPS, SSL, SFTP, and Direct Secure
- Experience with Enterprise Master Patient Index solutions and
- Experience deploying enterprise solutions in a role of
technical leadership responsibility.
- Experience designing high availability and disaster
recovery/fail-over infrastructures. Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrated track record of managing technical and
operations-based projects to completion.
- Strong organizational skills such as time, project, and
resource management: breaks tasks into manageable steps, notifies
team of upcoming deadlines, anticipates potential delays
effectively, and assures team players are notified to assure
targets are met.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Strong
analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong conflict management and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively pull together cross-functional resources
to deliver on time quality results beyond the expectations of the
customer. Specialized Knowledge:
- Experience with CCD and C-CDA documents strongly desired.
- Working understanding in object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience with file parsing (XML, XSLT, etc.) desirable.
- Familiarity with RESTful and SOAP web services.
- Experience building and consuming web services a plus. General
- Performs quality work within deadlines with or without direct
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Supports and adheres to RIQI's core values and corporate
- Represents RIQI in a positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Performs as a team player. Rhode Island Quality Institute is an
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Providence , Senior Integration Engineer, Engineering , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!