Company: Bridge Technical Talent
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARY Develop the strategy and architecture for migrating
and optimizing applications and infrastructure in the cloud. Design
and support the standards and mechanisms for cloud governance.
Participate in all phases of cloud design, development, and
integration. Support technical requirement definition, functional
specifications, design documentation, vendor selection, and vendor
integration as core team member of project teams. Oversee the
architecture, design, and development work for outsourced
resources. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop the strategy and architecture for migrating and
optimizing applications and infrastructure in the cloud.
- Participate in the cloud governance workgroup to develop and
maintain the standards for toolsets within Microsoft Azure or other
relevant cloud environments.
- Build out the cloud migration roadmap for data and application
- Collaborate and work closely with multiple technical teams
consisting of internal stakeholders, external vendors, information
technology subcontractors, and system vendors. Participate in
formal, informal and program reviews.
- Direct on and offshore technology providers in execution of
cloud migration and optimization activities on testing and
production environments and accountability for their delivery.
- Ensure customer needs (product strategy objectives, user
requirements, and technical environment compatibility) are met.
Formulate technical solutions, develop, and maintain architecture
diagrams, and create and deliver presentations.
- Develop and maintain Architecture documents and artifacts
including: solutions scoping, options analysis, logical and
physical architecture diagrams, AS IS and TO BE architecture models
of existing systems consisting of Conceptual, Logical, Data
Context, and System Context views; and IT Capability Roadmaps.
- Collaborate with external vendors to understand current state
and ensure that technological strategy/vision is consistent and
supportive of future state. Additionally, optimize existing
infrastructure, eliminating redundant applications and tools.
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and how they impact the
way businesses consume IT.
- Perform other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONSMinimum
Education and Experience:
- A combination of education and related work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud architecture and
- Three to five years of experience in infrastructure, database,
and networking architecture for highly available, internet-scale
- Three to five years of experience at progressively increasing
levels of responsibility within information technology
- Three to five years of experience in the design and
implementation of complex IT solutions (including scalable
cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures)
- Experience with best practice ETL and software development,
integration, configuration management methodologies and project
management office reporting Preferred Education, Additional
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's degree in a technical discipline such as Information
Systems Management, Systems Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in the healthcare or health insurance industry
- Experience creating logical and physical data models using
relational and/or dimensional modeling
- Experience migrating applications, data assets and
infrastructure from on premise to cloud solutions
- Experience with multiple platforms, operating systems, RDBMS,
and integrated development environments
- Experience with Netezza, IBM Infosphere, and Data Stage
- Experience with layered data architecture approach
- Experience with Trizetto's Facets claims adjudication engine
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of industry leading BI tools, SAS, PowerBI, Cognos,
- Familiar with object-oriented UML software design tools
- General domain knowledge of Business, Data, Application and
- Effectively communicate cloud IT jargon to business
- Ability to be persuasive in supporting IT position
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative in finding solutions to difficult
and/or sensitive problems
- Strategic and critical thinking skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with
senior leaders, Enterprise Architects, IT Management, and
- Ability to convert business strategy into action-oriented
objectives and measurable results
Keywords: Bridge Technical Talent, Providence , Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!