Senior Facility Engineer
Company: Royal Dutch Shell PLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Position PurposeWhat's the role -TSO is looking for a highly
motivated Senior Facilities Engineer (SFE) with significant
multidisciplinary experience to support our New England
distribution terminal assets. The FE has thorough knowledge in
his/her own field of expertise and working knowledge in other
disciplines. If you are passionate about maintaining assets'
integrity and always strive to achieve safe, fit for purpose,
reliable and cost-effective assets' operations, if you like
supporting projects to improve your facilities and enjoy
collaborating with others in a highly matrixial team; if you
approach life with a learner's mindset and are as dynamic as you
are curious, this role is for you.New England distribution assets
include three storage terminals, truck and rail loading/offloading
facilities, a wharf, and pipelines. Your role will be to work with
Operations and HSSE to assure continuous and sustainable
improvement in the areas of engineering and operating practices
whilst making sure these are aligned with Shell policies and Local
Legislation. -This role is key to assuring the Asset Integrity and
Process safety of theTerminals you serve. - As examples, you
- Support the Terminal Manager in his/her efforts to comply with
the HSSE CF Manuals and mainly the Asset Integrity and Process
Safety (AIPS) management manual, Shell requirements (DEM 1 and
- Lead the identification of AI PS problems and assure to
identify reasonable options, OPEX or CAPEX, aiming at the
elimination of the observed risks.
- Develop the Asset's 10-year Master Plan and include provisions
for technical studies and surveys as well as implement investment,
divestment, and maintenance activities, ensuring the proper
integrity of the assets, through fit for purpose allocation.
- Provide engineering expertise and collaborate with consultants/
specialists through contracted services, on equipment specification
and selection, equipment maintenance and implementation of new
- Review and provide technical support to Operations' led changes
documented via MOCs.
- Assure the safe reactivation of existing equipment as well as a
safe startup of new assets.
- Provide the Technical Assurance in the design, construction,
and operation of systems within own competency specialty (Process,
Automation and Control/ Electrical/ MMI/ Rotative/ Civil) or work
with R&I and through our Engineering network to get support
from the appropriate Technical Authority.
- Participate in facility/area audits (safety, environmental,
operational, measurement, etc.) as available and complete
engineering related tasks that result from these assessments.
- Ensure the proper and efficient operation of the Procurement
function within the Distribution facilities with respect to the
timely and cost-effective procurement of engineering materials,
equipment and services for the local organization through
activities under own vigil.
- Implement Standardization, Planning, and Best Practice
initiatives in line with Global and Regional engineering practices,
helping Distribution in managing the business in the Region.
- Contribute to maintenance related analysis/reports for own
facilities (i.e. Planned Maintenance, breakdowns, Maintenance Opex
- Implement major inspection and maintenance activities.
- Support Measurement and Metering Maintenance activities.
- Support colleagues through own analysis and
- Where required, you will represent the operating unit on local
industry groups.From a project management perspective, you will:
- Identify Problems and opportunities for the terminal and
provide a preliminary evaluation of the Risk or Value as well as
options to resolve the issue or grasp the opportunity.
- Participate in Design reviews, What's in/ What's out, HAZOPs,
HAZIDs, HEMP reviews, ITPs, PSSRs and Statement of Fitness (SoFs),
- Work closely with the Project Manager in assuring startup plans
provide appropriate operational documentation, barriers, and
controls - all 6 pillars documentation delivered prior to
SoF.Skills & RequirementsWhat we need from you -
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time
basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Engineering degree from accredited University in Mechanical,
Civil, Electrical, Chemical.
- We look forward to hearing from professionals with at least
five (5) years of experience preferably Mechanical (Static or
Rotating), Electrical, or Instrumentation and that is eager to
invest time and energy to learn the other disciplines and become a
multi-disciplinary champion. - -
- Skilled in one or more disciplines (Mechanical static,
Mechanical Rotative, Pipeline, Instrumentation, Electrical,
Inspection, Maintenance, Process Safety)
- Learner at heart, as the role is multidisciplinary.
- Humble, sharing own mistakes & learning, allowing the team to
- Team player to offers help but can also ask for it.
- Clarity in communications.
- Outward mindset, allowing comprehension of other's objectives
- Capacity for handling simultaneously multiple activities
differing in nature and Importance, prioritize and bring them to
the finish line.
- Support Engineering Service Providers and contractors in
accomplishment of studies or Maintenance tasks.
- Organized, attentive to details and ready to put constant
efforts to keep technical information on assets evergreen.
- Problem Analysis skills and Capacity to deal with
- Creative thinker for lean solutions - CI/Lean/6 Sigma
certification is a plus.
- Familiar with Project development and Execution (High level
knowledge to understand when to support)
- Verbal and written proficiency in English required.
- Ability to learn Shell IT systems for maintenance and other
Process Safety tracking.Company description - Shell is a global
group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000
employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's
growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are
economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. - We have
expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil
and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of
chemicals.As a global energy company operating in a challenging
world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors.
We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values
of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business
Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness,
teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and
how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to
sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels
respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and
partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are
vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better
energy solutions.An innovative place to workThere's never been a
more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve
one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the
benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the
risks of climate change.Join us and you'll add your talent and
imagination to a business with the power to shape the future -
whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store
energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy
more efficiently.An inclusive place to workTo power progress
together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and
make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways
we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can
express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential---
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel
through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and
ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your
circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on
equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in
engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse
workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual
orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support
you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this
with us in your application.A rewarding place to workCombine our
creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an
impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired
career choice.We're huge advocates for career development. We'll
encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By
pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them
find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they
never thought possible.
Keywords: Royal Dutch Shell PLC, Providence , Senior Facility Engineer, Engineering , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!