Automation Controls Engineer
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job SummaryIn this key role, the Automation Control Engineer
will assess a problem and design a new system or improve the
existing one to make it better and more efficient. This position
will demonstrate technical competency, deliver mission-critical
infrastructure, and ensure the highest quality and peak performance
for products and services.Responsibilities
- Draft electrical schematics using SolidWorks EE and DraftSight
- Program using MotionWorks IEC platform.
- Use Jmobile platform, GP PRO platform, and Factory Talk to
program various HMI's (Human Machine Interface).
- Establish communication and access relevant information from
various pressure, flow, temperature, conductivity, leak, level
sensors and scales/balances from various manufacturers to the
- Work with Manufacturing department to wire the product based on
- Write and validate quality check plans for hardware.
- Write and validate quality test plans for software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software and implement solutions for
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned by the
Engineering Manager for the overall benefit of the
organization.Required Skills and Abilities:
- Real time coding experience related to drivers.
- Knowledge of ModbusTCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, RS232 protocols.
- Basic knowledge of IP addresses and communication
- Knowledge of Circuits in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of AC and DC motors in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of Controls Engineering in Electrical
- Basic knowledge in National Electric Code.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.Education and
- Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience preferred.
- Electrical and wiring experience.
- Knowledge across multiple technologies for electrical work and
associated computer programming.
- Experience preparing test plans, procedures, and test
reports.If interested, please apply or submit your resume
confidentially to All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including
pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status,
genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable
laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an
award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality
professionals within multiple industries across the United States
since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and
realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right
solutions at the right time.
Keywords: GPAC, Providence , Automation Controls Engineer, Engineering , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...