Household Hazardous Waste Technician - Part-time (Saturdays)
Company: Harsco Corporation
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Love where you work!
Join Clean Earth, a rapidly growing division of Harsco, recently named on Newsweek's prestigious list of "America's Most Loved Workplaces 2022".
With us, you'll be joining a growing provider of sweeping environmental solutions with over 60 facilities throughout the U.S. We offer a small company environment under the umbrella of a global powerhouse with 11,000 employees
Part-time Saturdays only (8-12 hours) General Laborer position. You will assist Clean Earth techs on site at various Household Hazardous Waste events. Household Hazardous Waste town collections are a free service for RI and MA residents that allow them to properly dispose of household hazardous waste.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
* Set-up Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) event.
* Off load vehicles in a safe manner
* Develop knowledge of work-zone setup and staging areas
* Segregate latex and oil- based paint
* Communicate waste acceptance to participants
* Work will be performed outdoors
* 40-hour Hazwoper certification (If you do not have the required training certificate, Clean Earth will provide the course to you free of charge (normally a $300-$400 cost) for you to complete on your own time
* High school diploma or GED
* Read, write, and verbally communicate in English
Physical and Mental Demands
* Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
* Able to lift 50lb
* Ability to work in an outdoor environment subject to variable weather conditions
* The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers
* The ability to follow direction or instruction
Together, we work hard, we succeed through industry know-how, safety, and sustainable growth, and we recognize a job well done. Knowledge is power and at Clean Earth, we support the continuing education and training of each team member. Every team member is encouraged to learn and grow with the company through various educational channels that are well-suited for their career path at Clean Earth.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth's website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Tony Aliota, Recruiter at 262-346-4417 and Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for disability application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Harsco Corporation, Providence , Household Hazardous Waste Technician - Part-time (Saturdays), Engineering , Providence, Rhode Island
here to apply!