Associate Director of Admissions
Company: The College Crusade of Rhode Island
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Organizational Overview Founded in 1989, the College Crusade
supports more than 4,000 students in middle school, high school and
college each year with one-on-one advising and year-round programs
that focus on academic enrichment, social and emotional
development, career education, and postsecondary preparation to
help them become the first in their families to earn a college
degree. Purpose of the Position The Associate Director of
Admissions is responsible for the annual recruitment of
approximately 500 students to the College Crusade's college access
and success program. The Associate Director has strategic and
operational oversight of all admissions-related processes including
recruitment, marketing, communications, enrollment, data management
and reporting. The Associate Director works collaboratively with
program and communications staff to design and execute effective
recruitment strategies, and identifies and implements process
improvements that increase the quality and efficiency of the
Crusade's admissions and recruitment efforts. The Associate
Director interacts regularly with school personnel and
administrators, families and students to educate them about the
features and benefits of the College Crusade and encourage
enrollment of eligible studentsMajor Responsibilities Recruitment
Strategy and Outreach
- Develop and implement effective recruitment strategies that
result in the enrollment of eligible students from the College
Crusade's participating school districts.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to
develop a recruitment campaign including admissions-focused
messaging and materials for students and families.
- Regularly engage with and present to school personnel and
prospective families to promote the College Crusade and its
offerings, generate enthusiasm about the program and encourage
- Design and implement admissions-focused events including
informational and application support sessions, and related
- Develop and implement training for Middle School Advisors and
other relevant staff on admissions protocols and processes, and
update this information from year to year.
- Work with Middle School Advisors to develop outreach and
recruitment strategies specifically geared toward the staff,
families and students at the schools to which they are
- Prepare compelling, informative written communications to
families and/or Advisors with important updates and deadlines
related to admissions. Managing Admissions Processes
- Manage the process for responding to incoming inquiries from
prospective families and in a timely and professional manner
- Manage and evaluate admissions applications and interview
applicants as needed prior to acceptance.
- Oversee the input and monitoring of student data and
documentation related to admissions to ensure the quality and
accuracy of information.
- Monitor trends in College Crusade enrollment and collaborate
with the Director of Middle School Success and Middle School
Advisors to design and implement customized recruitment strategies
- Work with Middle School Advisors to maintain current listings
of all relevant school personnel and calendars showing school-based
activities that could be used to promote Crusade admissions.
- Develop a staffing resource plan that addresses the onboarding,
training and supervision of admissions staff, including part-time
- Provide periodic reports on admissions progress to Admissions
Steering Committee and engage them in productive problem-solving as
necessary. Admissions Processes and Data Analysis
- Maintain and analyze admissions-related data and provide
regular reports on the status of admissions efforts to key
- Promptly identify any challenges related to admissions efforts
and processes, and report them to the Director of Middle School
- In concert with the Director of Middle School Success and other
staff, conduct an annual review of the admissions process and
identify necessary updates to the admissions plan for the next
- Identify necessary modifications to the College Crusade's
online application each year and liaise with the external
developers to update the application in the system.
- Direct the efforts of the College Crusade's Admissions Steering
Committee. Essential KSOC's (knowledge, skills, abilities, and
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact
comfortably with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Well-developed presentation skills and the ability to
communicate important information in a clear and compelling
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to keep track
of multiple efforts at once.
- The ability to work independently, seeking direction as
- Familiarity with data systems and experience overseeing data
management, quality assurance and reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access) and
able to learn and effectively use the latest software and
technology systems employed by the Crusade. Education and
- Bachelor's degree required in a relevant field, Master's degree
- A minimum of five years' relevant professional work experience,
with at least two years directly managing admissions and
- Experience effectively supervising and mentoring staff, and the
ability to provide clear direction about what needs to be
- A track record of proven success in recruiting and enrolling
program participants in alignment with, or in excess of,
- Strong preference for candidates with bilingual English/Spanish
fluency. Other Requirements:
- Must be willing to maintain a flexible schedule, including some
weekend and evening hours
- Commitment to the vision, mission and values of the College
- A positive attitude and willingness to contribute productively
to the success of your team and the organization as a whole.
- An understanding of and commitment to the Crusade's core
competencies of accountability, collaboration, communication,
institutional values and service.
- Active participation in efforts geared toward directing and
improving the overall operations of the Crusade, such as strategic
planning, organizational development and performance
- Commitment to acting as an advocate and ambassador for the
- Knowledge of the barriers and obstacles that low-income
families and first-generation students encounter in the journey to
higher education is preferred.
- Sense of ownership and pride in personal performance.
- Adherence to all existing organizational policies and
- Perform additional duties as needed.
Keywords: The College Crusade of Rhode Island, Providence , Associate Director of Admissions, Executive , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!