Director of Pharmacy
Company: Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Location: North Smithfield
Posted on: February 19, 2021
We are continuing our COVID-19 best practices. You may expect to
have more digital experiences in the Kindred interview process.
Director of Pharmacy North Smithfield, Rhode Island
The Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island in North Smithfield,
Rhode Island is a joint venture between Kindred Healthcare and
Landmark Medical Center. Many of the patients we serve have
experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations,
complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring
inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients
achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning
home as soon as able.-- JOB SUMMARY: The Pharmacy Director is
responsible for operational management of the Pharmacy Department
including functioning as the main pharmacist. The primary function
of this position is to manage the department in compliance with the
philosophy, policies, procedures, goals and budget of the
department. The director incorporates and demonstrates customer
service strategies in order to achieve the organization's goals.
- Demonstrates administrative responsibilities related to daily
- Develops goals, objectives, policies and procedures for
- Works to improve services provided and assure compliance with
- Keeps leadership informed of operational activities, needs and
- Drives installation and implementation of new services,
procedures and pharmacy automation products.
- Fosters teamwork throughout the organization.
- Develops and executes Performance Improvement Programs
involving pharmacy operations.
- Demonstrates skills in measuring, assessing, and improving
- Encourages professional development of departmental personnel
through in-service education and external education
- Manages the pharmacy team including hiring, training,
scheduling, resolving performance issues, coaching and
- Reviews and approves Technician and Pharmacists schedules prior
to distribution to staff.
- Meets regularly with pharmacy staff regarding pharmacy
- Develops, implements and monitors appropriate staffing plans
based on factors such as acuity and census.
- Coordinates and facilitates the performance reviews within the
organizations recommended time frame using appropriate methods of
assessing staff competence.
- Provides oversight for purchasing and inventory
- Demonstrates understanding of JC Standards, HCFA, CARF and
State Standards and monitors department's compliance.
- May act as a preceptor to pharmacy students or pharmacy
- Provides mentoring for pharmacy students on rotation consistent
with college requirements.
- Prepares sterile and non-sterile compounds per USP
- Verifies physician medication orders with accuracy and
- Monitors and evaluates the six critical processes of medication
management; determines risk points and is an active participant
with physicians and clinical staff in continuous quality and
- Verifies and approves the work of Pharmacy Technician(s).
- Responsible for the management and utilization of the
computerized pharmacy system.
- Orders and stores medications, keeping them safe and
- Monitors drug therapy for appropriateness and promotes/
evaluates rational drug therapy that improves pharmaceutical care.
Performs anticoagulant monitoring.
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Complies with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides information to the medical staff and administration
regarding the cost effective use of pharmaceuticals.
- Works with physicians, specialists and other clinicians to
implement appropriate guidelines and protocols for drug use based
on evidence based medicine, national guidelines, and literature
- Provides drug information to nurses, physicians, and other
pharmacists to ensure current information on drug therapy.
- Provides specialized services to assist nursing and patients
manage conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma,
- Recommends changes to drug therapy based on patient
- Provides and documents clinical interventions, therapy
recommendations and other clinical activities according to
department policy and procedure in order to maintain accurate and
complete patient records
- Participates in the Medication Reconciliation activities of the
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Pharmacy required, PharmD and/or MBA/MS (or equivalent
- Must hold a current state license to practice pharmacy.
- Minimum five years' experience in hospital pharmacy is
- Demonstrated management/leadership skills and/or program
management What makes you want to come to work each day at Kindred?
0:56 Everybody wants an opportunity to make a difference on a
day-to=--- Benefits & Recognition Our goal is to offer valuable
compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract,
reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals.
Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going
above & beyond. Healthcare We offer a variety of Health Savings
Account (HSA) and PPO plan options. 401(k) Plan Employees can
contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction. Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a
flexible Paid Time Off program. Wellness Program We offer tools,
resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking
cessation and making overall healthier choices. Community Community
involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with
our mission of customer service and quality care. You have high
standards. So do we. Find your future with Kindred, the country's
largest provider of post-acute care. A career here will allow you
to learn, thrive and grow in a positive and supportive environment
where your input matters. Join us and see all that you can
accomplish when you combine your talent, skills and dedication with
a highly successful and compassionate healthcare leader. Get the
latest job openings based on your skills and background sent
directly to your inbox. Connect with Our Recruiters Share some
preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss
your career and future opportunities.
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Inc., Providence , Director of Pharmacy, Executive , North Smithfield, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!