Director Of Resident Care
Company: Affinity Living Group
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Interested in getting the new Covid-19 vaccine? Do you want to
make a difference in someone's life? Apply today! Must have valid
and unencumbered State Licensure as a Nurse (RN or LPN) Nature and
scope: The Director of Resident Care is responsible for oversight
of all personal care services and medication delivery services to
residents on a day-to-day basis as required by the state
regulations and the company's policies.
The Director of Resident Care assists in maintaining an environment
that will be homelike, safe and supportive of the resident.
The Director of Resident Care assures the training and supervision
of care staff in accordance with the residents' needs, state
regulations, and the company's policies and procedures.
This job description applies to the Director of Resident Care for
Assisted Living and Memory Care. Minimum eligibility
- Must be 21 years of age
- Graduate of a Nursing Program
- Valid and unencumbered State Licensure as a Nurse (RN or
- Must have at least one year of management experience in Long
- Experience of 1-2 years minimum or 3+ years preferred in the
care of senior adults and adults with cognitive decline.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents,
families, staff, community and State officials and general
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
with the understanding that for each resident the facility is
considered the Resident's home.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team
member as well as an individual.
- Must be honest, ethical, fair, dependable, respect
confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
- Must practice and promote the company's Guidelines, Policies
and Procedures, Mission Statement, Values and goals.
- Maintain practice certification and at least 12 continuing
educational hours as required by the state certification agencies
to also include required hours of dementia specific yearly
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and ability to
re-prioritize daily tasks in order to accommodate fluctuating needs
of the resident and community.
- Must have strong documentation skills.
- Must be able to perform with high level of communication
skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be proficient in basic office equipment, including a
computer, with the purpose of accomplishing and maintaining a high
level of job performance.
- Must have experience in training and staff development.
- Must be willing to work flexible work schedule based on
- Must have the ability to develop systems for monitoring
resident health conditions and for ensuring efficient and safe
delivery of resident care.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must meet all health requirements.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential
job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential
- Direct staff to provide quality and appropriate resident care
that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards.
- Ensure sound infection control practices are in place that
promote a healthy environment and ensure all required infection
control training is met.
- Be able to ensure that staff can apply the community's
accident, fire safety, disaster, elopement and emergency procedures
for protection of the staff and residents.
- Maintain responsibility for development, implementation,
modification and communication of all resident assessments and care
- Participate in resident and family care conferences.
- Schedules and performs resident rounds to monitor and evaluate
the quality and appropriateness of care.
- Serve as liaison between resident, family, physician and other
health care providers regarding health care issues.
- Ensure that changes in resident conditions are evaluated,
reported, monitored, and documented with follow up to assure
interventions are implemented and documented.
- Perform hands-on care procedures within the scope of practice
as allowed by state law and in compliance with the company's
- Provide oversight of the medication management systems and
ensure that Medications Aides are competently trained and that
medications are available, dispensed in a safe and effective
manner, that the Medication Administration Records (MARs) are
accurate and complete and that all medications are current,
properly stored and properly disposed of when discontinued.
- Maintain an accurate and sufficient inventory of all care
supplies including all infection control supplies plus incontinence
supplies and follow established purchasing protocols.
- Must participate as a team member of the facility's Quality
Assurance Committee and assure the requirements of the Community's
QA Program are accurately completed each quarter.
- Audit resident records on a regular basis and ensure that
documentation indicates compliance with State Regulatory care
requirements. Assure records accurately address the care issues,
including identified concerns, interventions and outcomes of all
residents. In addition, ensure when required, the health care needs
are contracted to the appropriate agencies per doctor's
- Manages clinical aspects of state or federal government survey
- Ensure that resident care is provided in a safe and effective
manner while consistently maintaining resident dignity, choice,
privacy and respect.
- Maintain a current knowledge of OSHA and state regulations and
routinely monitor community compliance with regulations related to
- Assure the completion of staff schedules with ongoing
monitoring of schedules to assure staffing requirements are
- Recruiting and hiring of qualified care staff employees.
- Serves as a member of the community's leadership team and may
act as the Executive Director in Charge in his or her absence.
- Coordinates and oversees the ordering of resident specific and
departmental health related supplies.
- Must perform calculations in support of personnel, actions,
budget, and other financial responsibilities. Understand and
conceptualize complex concepts, as well as ability to make
appropriate decisions in stressful situations.
- Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director. Joint
decisions and duties between Director of Resident Care and
- Completion of resident assessments and development of
customized care plans.
- Compliance with all appropriate regulations.
- Evaluates market studies and develops clinical programs to meet
the needs of the community. Supervisory functions
- Responsible for supervising, assigning significant overall
duties and tasks and responsibly directing the work of all care
employees with full accountability for the performance of
- Responsible for timely and effective communication of all
department employees including positive feedback, ongoing and
annual evaluations and performance counseling including
- Interview, make hiring recommendations and orient new
- Schedule and reschedule staff using independent judgment and
exercising discretion when creating the schedule and making
determinations regarding granting employee requests for time off or
other modifications in work schedules.
- Responsible for tracking attendance and effectively carrying
out disciplinary action where appropriate as per the company's
- Responsible for assuring staff maintain current certifications,
and training requirements.
- Communicate and enforce policies and procedures including the
company's policies and procedures dealing with rules of employee
conduct, the employer's safety and sanitation policies and other
human resource policies, and directly discipline and effectively
recommend corrective and disciplinary action to enforce such
- Evaluate performance and effectively recommend changes to terms
and conditions of employment based on such evaluations.
- Hold Care Staff stand up meetings and participation in other
management daily stand up meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees are providing
excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Perform job duties for residents and with team members in a
courteous and professional manner.
- Take initiative to ensure resident safety and satisfaction is a
- Meet and greet visitors in a friendly, helpful manner (Visitors
include anyone who visits the community; specifically, current
residents' families and friends, prospective residents and their
families, referral sources, vendors and regulators).
- Answer facility and resident phones appropriately, according to
company and community standards.
- Communicate professionally and cooperate with supervisor and
all community personnel.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations
regarding Residents' Rights. Assure reporting of infringement of
Resident Rights is timely reported.
- Successfully complete Licensed Professional Support Skills and
medication skills check off.
- Completed required State trainings.
- Attend training sessions as directed by supervisor. Other
- Follow and communicate company's goals, values, guidelines and
policies and procedures.
- The job description provides a framework for the job; other
duties may be assigned as necessary.
Keywords: Affinity Living Group, Providence , Director Of Resident Care, Executive , Smithfield, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!