Area Director Sales - Environmental Solutions
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: June 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The Area Director, Sales is responsible for
delivering annual revenue in the range of $250M -$300M This comes
from expert level planning, organizing, directing and coordinating
the activities of the sales function for an Area to effectively
execute sales strategies. A key attribute of the Director's success
will be the ability to lead, coach, and develop people and lead by
example. The ability to multiply one's efforts across a broader
sales leadership team is an essential element in delivering the
- Develops and oversees the implementation of comprehensive
business strategies and sales and marketing plans that complement
the overall operating plan for the Area.
- Develops the sales forecast and ensures achievement of the
sales budget for the Area.
- Maintains accountability for sales goal achievement, including
but not limited to respective key metrics and/or budget
- Assists, as necessary, with new customer solicitation, bid
preparation and customer retention strategies.
- Meets periodically with sales management or sales personnel to
review sales activity funnel (CRM tool) and customer retention and
relationship activities; reviews sales performance compared to
goal, production and training needs.
- Participates with business unit leadership to develop and
implement pricing strategy to meet Company objectives.
- Maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive
trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs;
proactively manages customer base.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company's available
services, lines of business and pricing structures to assist sales
management in particular selling circumstances as the need
- Reviews particularly complex Customer Service Agreements for
terms and conditions, pricing, accuracy, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Prior waste/environmental solutions industry or service
industry experience. Professional presentation; is confident,
assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient manner.
- Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate
to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what
other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully
state their ideas.
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills;
adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they
arise; maintains a positive outlook.
- Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a
situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the
ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach
and can anticipate the implications of actions.
- Good written and verbal presentation skills.
- Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a
strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive
and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
- Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of
confidentiality at all times.
- Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion
skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help
- Ability to foster teamwork and enlist the support and
participation of others.
- Demonstrates the ability for innovation and supports
organizational change to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Is responsible for one's performance and sets clear
expectations for the performance of his or her teamMinimum
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in a sales
management role that includes experience managing other sales
personnel and experience developing comprehensive sales strategies,
business and sales plans.
- Valid driver's license.Why choose Republic?Joining Republic
isn't just about taking on a new job, it's about making a
commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people
provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers,
neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.As a Company, We Are
Proud Of Our Values And Encourage Those Who Share In Our
Aspirations To Join Our Team
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe
practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by
going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by
being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique
potential and dignity of every person.Republic Services is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.The statements used herein are intended to
describe the general nature and level of the work being performed
by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and
skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do
not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change
at the discretion of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Providence , Area Director Sales - Environmental Solutions, Executive , Franklin, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!