Sr. Key Account Manager
Company: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Monday, July 29, 2019
Deliver a differentiated end to end client experience to
self-funded and complex local, regional and national customers of
at least 5,000 subscribers. Facilitate the day to day maintenance
of these custom accounts inclusive of specialized benefits,
enrollment files and vendor files/extracts. Manage annual renewal
and any new sale via the establishment of a Purchase Activation
Request (PAR) and the engagement of a Project Manager to ensure
accurate and timely implementations. Oversee the development of
detailed project plans and support Sales staff in setting
appropriate client expectations regarding claims and administrative
billing, state mandates, reporting and other items that are unique
to this financial arrangement/client. Resolve issues and answer
inquiries regarding claims, billing, enrollment, benefits and
eligibility. Conduct member, client, and broker education sessions
to maximize the experience of doing business with BCBSRI.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Serve as a dedicated, consultative, one stop resource to dedicated
accounts. Foster relationships with human resource and C-Suite
personnel within accounts, as well as with the broker and
consultants that owns that particular client. Participate in client
sponsored groups and events.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all aspects of the ASC
or complex account inclusive of stop loss, banking arrangements,
ASO fees, broker commissions, etc, and a comprehensive
understanding of downstream impacts of all client decisions to set
appropriate expectations with the client and broker.
- Lead all annual renewal and off-cycle activities that pertain
directly to the client(s) implementation. With the support of
internal resources you will ensure that products, eligibility,
billing, and claims processing are configured and set up as
- Work in partnership with leadership for each client's Customer
Care Center to resolve all daily and escalated issues and
- Record escalated concerns and operational issues in an internal
project tracker utilized to facilitate weekly internal meetings
with the operational team supporting the client (AE, PM, ESG Rep,
etc.). Manage all issues to resolution and deliver thoughtful,
client-oriented responses inclusive of Customer Service and
Employer Support Group messaging.
- Conduct member education sessions in the form of product and
benefit presentations, health fairs, webinars and trade shows,
locally and nationally, as needed. Proactively prepare schedule of
Open Enrollment meetings by providing availability to clients
giving priority to requests made by key clients. Develop and
deliver open enrollment presentations inclusive of wellness
offerings. Assess the wellness needs of employer groups and
recommend solutions based on health promotion best practices.
Analyze population demographic data, claims history, and other data
to determine health awareness, education, and intervention needs
and opportunities within employer groups.
- Work in tandem with the clients dedicated Wellness Consultant
to design and deliver multi-year wellness strategies that include
benefit package financial modeling, incentive design and compliance
- Provide support to the Sales teams; complete, validate and
monitor the PAR form and implementation post sale inclusive of
broker commissions. Prepare, maintain and delivery an annual key
events calendar to the client and broker in conjunction with the
Account Executive. Perform reporting (including Member Study
Requests) and utilization analysis for assigned accounts.
- Educate clients about available web-based tools and resources,
including usage of electronic enrollment vehicles and 834
eligibility files. Facilitate on-site Electronic Enrollment
training as requested by the client.
- Thoroughly and accurately maintain Salesforce by populating all
account activity, decision documents and contracts.
- Prepare new business and renewal packages, collateral kits, and
benefit summaries. Work with Marketing Communications to create and
update (annually) custom collateral, as needed.
- Provide status of monthly renewal progress/decisions at daily
Renewal operations meetings to ensure timely account
- Remain current with the details of all products and services
offered by organization, as well as federal and state legislation
impacting operations. Promote the products and direction of the
organization to the customer and report back to the organization
trends, issues, and situations uncovered in the marketplace.
- Participate in department initiatives and projects and perform
other sales related and operational duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or related field, or
an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five to seven years' experience in healthcare, provider or
customer service, marketing, sales or related field
- Valid driver's license
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
Knowledge of commercial products and benefits
- Knowledge of national healthcare trends, including healthcare
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and
synthesize complex data sets
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Good business acumen and political savvy
- Knowledge of business process improvement techniques and
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Decision-making skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels
- Ability to effectively navigate ambiguous situations with
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully
prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/projects
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and
inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability
to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal
opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
genetic information and gender identity or expression.
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal
laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex,
national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender
identity or expression. Please visit
view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Keywords: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Providence , Sr. Key Account Manager, Executive , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!