Territory Manager - Animal Health
Company: Acquisition - MWI
Posted on: August 18, 2019
The Territory Manager is responsible for generating sales of
products and equipment to both existing veterinarians and new
customers within an assigned sales territory. The Territory Manager
plans and makes sales calls, and selects products and programs that
motivate customers to buy products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Call on target, current and prospective customers in order to
generate sales, improve market share, and increase income for
- Utilize the computer as a sales aid and be competent in the use
of MWI e-mail, MWI promotions in Outlook, and the MWI Territory
- Seek to understand the needs of the veterinarian and clinic
and, in turn, select products and services to satisfy those
- Establish appropriate relationships with veterinarians and
- Review and utilize sales analysis and top supplier reports in
pre and post call planning.
- Prepare and maintain a written call cycle consistent with
territory changes. Share information with ISR and Regional Manager.
Call cycle information includes account number, name, location, and
day of the week.
- Stay current on the full line of products and services offered
- Demonstrate competency in MWI sales programs, promotions and
- Establish account profiles for customers within territory.
- Be responsive to communication from customers, MWI team
members, and manufacturer representatives.
- Detail and/or demonstrate new products and promotions for
- Ensure reporting is submitted timely.
- Meet sales goals and budget numbers by territory and
- Act as a resource to the customer in business matters dealing
with such issues as inventory management, equipment and
- Act as point person for customers on nearly all dealings with
the company; work with MWI inside personnel to ensure customer
issues are resolved.
- Maintain vehicle in a professional manner.
- Work closely with key vendors and Product Specialists.
- Maintain adequate support material and detail aids in
- Comply with other requests from MWI Regional Managers and
- Participate in conference calls and meetings as request
A bachelor's degree
and one to three years of outside sales experience, preferably in
are desired. Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and
organizational skills and a proven ability to sell are
A valid drivers' license and good driving record are mandatory.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
Effectively: Speaks effectively in
individual or group situations (e.g., meetings, presentations,
including appropriate nonverbal communications; able to recognize
information to others; recognizes different methods for
communicating the same
information and selects the best method; strives for positive high
customer oriented, sensitive and responsive to customer needs and
establishes effective working relationships with customers and
respect and loyalty; identifies and takes appropriate action on
Organization: Understands the company's
objectives; knows the structure of the organization; works
the organization to achieve results; works continuously to make
build networks within the organization.
Customer and the Market: Knows customers in the market
territory; keeps up to date on key competitors; understands and is
the needs and expectations of relevant customer segments;
working relationships with customers to gain respect and loyalty;
opportunities presented by changes and shifts in the
Quality Service: Defines quality service based
on customer needs, wants, expectations and profitability; aligns
accordingly; remains sensitive and responsive to both internal and
customers; builds distinctive predictable levels of service;
quickly and effectively.
Displays knowledge and proficiency in explaining, selling, and
products; refers customers to appropriate resources within the
Technological Expertise: Keeps informed of technological
advances affecting the industry; recognizes/identifies appropriate
technological applications for use by the company; applies internal
to effective advantage.
Interpersonal Skills: Communicates in an open,
straight forward, honest and respectful style; checks for message
understands the effect the communication style has on others,
nonverbal communications; plans for and adapts to the wide variety
communication preferences and needs of others
Keywords: Acquisition - MWI, Providence , Territory Manager - Animal Health, Executive , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!