Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1906361
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Smithfield, RI
Posted on: June 7, 2019
Designs and implements scalable Master Data Management (MDM)
solutions using IBM InfoSphere tool to rationalize
data. Applies Probabilistic Matching Engine (PME) algorithm for
de-duplicating data. Analyzes applies and
recommends project development policies, advance technology
procedures, standards, and strategies to
technology/development experts and management.
• Participates in architectural teams to design an optimum and
• Defines and implements application level architecture.
• Develops applications on complex projects, components, and
subsystems for the division by leveraging modern
and versatile technologies.
• Recommends development testing tools and advanced methodologies
and reviews and validates test plans.
• Drives Infrastructure set up and responsible for QA readiness of
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or
• Leads the application live release into production and
establishes full project life cycle plans for complex projects
across multiple platforms.
• Responsible for meeting project goals on-time and on-budget.
• Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for
• Plans and coordinates project schedules, integration activities
and assignments for multiple projects.
• Acts as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various
project/technology issues and rationalize data.
• Provides technology solutions to daily issues and technical
evaluation estimates on technology initiatives.
• Advises senior management on streamlined technical strategy.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several
• Develops original, creative and optimum technological solutions
and enhancements to on-going development
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer
Science, Engineering, Information Technology,
Information Systems, Information and Communication Technology,
Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and
five (5) years of experience in the job offered or five (5) years
of experience in data solutions, design, and analysis
within an MDM environment.
Or, alternatively, Master’s degree (or foreign education
equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information
Technology, Information Systems, Information and Communication
Technology, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely
related field and two (2) years of experience in the job offered or
two (2) years of experience in data solutions, design,
and analysis within an MDM environment.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) designing and implementing Master
Data solutions and concepts, including liaising
with business partners to architect data governance standards and
implement Master Data Management (MDM)
System using IBM InfoSphere MDM Tool Suite.
• DE designing security administration with LDAP Integration at the
application level using MDM Security concepts --
Rules of Visibility (RoV), data level entitlements, and transaction
• DE performing core Java and J2EE coding; and performing algorithm
tuning within a MDM environment for
matching process, including configuring probabilistic matching
engine algorithms using Initiate workbench to configure
Master Data Service software environment.
• DE handling infrastructure maintenance for MDM, including
building applications, deployment to application
servers, automating processes, business customization, code
integrity, and quality assurance.
To apply visit https://jobs.fidelity.com and search job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Providence , Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1906361, Finance , Smithfield, RI, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!