Health Policy Analyst Intern
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Job Description The Health Policy Analyst Intern would research and
analyze general concept of ensuring access to quality, affordable
healthcare. This could specifically include efforts to control
pharmaceutical costs, evolving trends in case management, evolution
of accountable care organizations, responses to the ongoing opioid
abuse crisis, mitigation of the surprise billing problem, and the
impacts of social determinants on public health. In this role, a
student would be supporting the Government Programs department
during the legislative season (January - May).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare spreadsheets, reports, presentations, and other
- Complete special projects, tasks, and assignments under general
- Collect, record, analyze, and evaluate data and
- Conduct research on various policies, practices, and
- Assist team with department initiatives and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or matriculating status from four-year
college or university.
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications, and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a Master's of Health Policy Management
program or current law student.
- Research experience within the heath policy field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and
- Computer navigation skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to collect and organize data.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet established time and quality standards.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and
inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability
to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal
opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, sex, gender identity or
expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal,
state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to
diversity and inclusion, please see our Diversity Report at
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal
laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex,
national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender
identity or expression. Please visit
view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
BCBSRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a
disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of our
application process, please contact us at (see application details)
During the application process, please allow a minimum of five
business days before you contact our office to inquire about the
status of your application. If you have any questions regarding
your application or during the process, please contact Human
Resources by phone at (see application details) or by email at (see
application details) .
Southern New England, Boston, MA, Hartford, CT, Health Data
Analyst, RI Health Insurer, Healthcare, Wellness, Provider,
Network, Rhode Island, RI, Insurance, Intern, Internship, Program,
Programs, Policy, Policies, Student
Keywords: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Providence , Health Policy Analyst Intern, Healthcare , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!