Company: Hope Health
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionHopeHealth is seeking an experienced Registered
Nurse for its affiliate HopeHealth Hospice & Palliative Care. This
position will be located in Providence. This position provides
professional nursing care at the Hulitar Hospice Center for the
patient, family, and/or caregiver as prescribed by the physician
and in compliance with regulations as established by the State
Board of Registered Nursing, the patient, and the policies of
HopeHealth Hospice & Palliative Care and under the direction of the
Patient Care Manager for the Hulitar Hospice Center.The successful
candidate will act with a sense of urgency tempered by a
disciplined approach and concern for the accuracy and quality of
the work performed. The approach will be carefully thought-out,
based on a thorough analysis and detailed knowledge of all
pertinent facts. The successful candidate will be
technically-oriented, with the confidence in acquired professional
knowledge and ability to get things done quickly and correctly.This
is a fulltime, 36 hour a week position working 7:00p - 7:30a.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Welcomes and admits patients and families to the Inpatient Unit
in competent, professional, compassionate, and responsive
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
nursing process. Coordinates all aspects of patient care from
initial assessment through discharge. Assesses and evaluates
patient's status by:
- Developing and initiating plan of care in collaboration with
patient/caregiver/primary health professional.
- Regularly re-evaluating patient/family/caregiver needs and
responding to changes as needed.
- Conducting on-going evaluation and revision of care according
to patient outcomes.
- Coordinates patient care and admission including a
comprehensive nursing assessment and completion of all required
paperwork in accordance with the organization's policies, Federal,
State and accreditation standards.
- Initiates and sustains as needed the implementation of orders
for medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventive and therapeutic
nursing procedures and techniques, maintains communication
regarding patient care in collaboration with the primary care
providers and associated health professionals.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate, relevant and timely
documentation, written/electronic, regarding patient's condition
and care given. Complies with all confidentiality policies and
- Observes the patient for changes in condition and reports these
changes and the patient's/family's/caregiver's needs to the
attending physician and appropriate supervisory personnel. Records
pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Facilitates the patient's care with regard to the activities of
daily living by promoting self-sufficiency and optimal comfort care
when appropriate. Teaches the patient/family/caregiver self-care
techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other
instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and
utilizes opportunities for health counseling with
- Works collaboratively with other interdisciplinary team
members. Assesses patient environment and teaches
patient/family/caregiver regarding home environment/safety issues
when discharge to home is appropriate.
- The successful candidate will be available to precept three
shifts per week during the first two - three months Education /
- RN required BSN preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Must have well developed nursing assessment, clinical skills
and communication skills
- Home care and/or related experience preferred Benefits
- Competitive health benefits
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company provided life insurance HopeHealth is an Equal
Keywords: Hope Health, Providence , Inpatient RN, Healthcare , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!