Company: University Gastroenterology LLC
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Summary of Duties:This Medical Assistant position is primarily
responsible for preparing patients for visit, chart preparation,
rooming of patients, chart documentation and medication
reconciliation. Duties and Responsibilities: Medical Assistant
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician
- Assesses patient's general condition, medication
reconciliation, takes vital signs and weight.
- Assist with obtaining patient referrals for appointments and/or
procedures when needed.
- Prepares charts for upcoming appointments. Reviews all
necessary patient documents and/or test results have been received
prior to appointment.
- Perform virtual check in /check out patient visits.
- Assist with incoming phone calls as required.
- Schedule referrals and tests.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials.
Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed.
Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination
and testing of patients, when appropriate.
- Maintains GI provider's recall system, including mailing
letters and follow up phone calls to remind patients of their GI
procedures due (minimum two months ahead).
- Helps patients with concerns and complaints, and escalates
requests to Site or Practice Manager, as appropriate.
- Performs Prior Authorizations for medications and other
services as required.
- Travels to satellite office as required.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Maintains a professional atmosphere in all aspects of the
office, including interaction with physician, management, patients
and all outside contacts.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs other medical support duties, as assigned.Supervisory
Responsibilities: - This job has no supervisory
responsibilitiesEnvironment/Working Conditions:Work is performed in
an office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Phones
are very busy and the activity level is frequently high. Involves
frequent contact with staff and patients and may require dealing
with unhappy patients at times. All Covid 19 precautions are
followed per the RI Department of Health and CDC guidelines.
- High School Diploma / Medical Terminology
- Certified Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Minimum of two years' experience in a medical office.
- Medical Terminology / Electronic Medical records experience
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environmentOTHER
- Team-oriented personality
- Ability to multi-task and operate under pressure
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detailJob
Type: Full-time Benefits Include:Medical, dental, vision, 401KPaid
sick / vacation timePaid holidays Covid 19 precautions:
- We have modified our offices and follow recommended state and
- Covid vaccination per RI MandatePI182013493
Keywords: University Gastroenterology LLC, Providence , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!