Company: Coastal Medical
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionMedical Assistant (Multiple Locations)The
Company: A member of the Lifespan health system, Coastal Medical is
Rhode Island's largest physician governed medical group, whose
primary goal is to offer patients better health and better care
with minimal cost to patients. An equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer, Coastal employs over 600 professionals in a
variety of roles.
- Coastal Medical offers competitive wages and values work/life
- Our comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental &
vision benefits, a free life insurance policy, earned time, paid
holidays and 401K match.
- Employee input is essential to our operations. All employees
are encouraged to join and participate in committees, trainings and
- Coastal Medical is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All employees and applicants for employment are afforded equal
opportunity in every area of hiring and employment without regard
to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran
or disability status.
- Per the Rhode Island Department of Health all existing and new
employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive
their flu vaccination upon hire.The Position: We are currently in
search of Medical Assistants for our various locations. The Medical
Assistant's main responsibility includes assisting physicians in
providing high-quality patient care.
- This is an hourly, full time position with a schedule of 40
- Schedules consist of day time hours, Monday through
- Coastal has several locations state-wide, the exact location of
the position can be discussed upon interview.
- Employee parking is provided at all sites.Essential Functions:
- Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks
such as: obtaining patient histories and vital signs, verifying
medication lists, lab tracking, preparing charts and pre-visit
- Performs routine specialized procedures such as: EKGs, rapid
strep, urine dips, spirometry, nebulizer treatments, etc.
- Educates and advises patients on specified medical issues
within established parameters
- Works quality reports to ensure gaps of care are closed and to
maintain consistent quality scores
- Administers injections including vaccines and medications
- Schedules, coordinates, and tracks STAT patient referrals and
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification or at least 1 year of prior MA
- Previous experience using an EMR or EHR; eCW highly
- Experience planting PPD's and giving injections preferredWhy
You Should Apply:
- We operate in a collaborative environment and strongly
encourage and promote employee growth and development.
- Coastal offers a wide range of training opportunities including
our own Leadership Academies as well as other well-known programs
such as Crucial Conversations and Clifton Strengths. Check out
what's happening at Coastal!Coastal Medical Imaging Employee
Recognized for "Going the Extra
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Coastal Medical, Providence , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!