Company: The Providence Community Health Centers, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionFor six years running, Providence Community
Health Centers has been named a Best Places to Work and RI
Healthiest Employer by Providence Business News. This is a great
opportunity to join PCHC in a Health Center Assistant (Medical
Assistant) role. Education/Qualifications:
- High school diploma (business course) or equivalent
- Completion of a medical assistant program, with 180-hr
internship requirement for graduation, is essential.
- Basic Life Support/CPR certification required.
- Ability to perform responsibilities across life cycle (infants,
children, adolescents, adults and geriatric) required.
- Clear diction and unhampered conversational skills for
conversing with a multicultural, multiethnic and multilingual
patient community is essential.
- Computer literacy required. Familiarity with Physician Computer
Network preferred but not required. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Assist MDs/NPs/RNs caring for patients (infants, children,
adolescents, adults and geriatric) including but not limited to
taking/recording vital signs/height/weight/ operating EKG machine,
completing point of care testing, developmental screenings
preparing patients for examination, preparing work areas, complete
refill requests and, documenting patient related procedures/tests
in patients' charts.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, schedule patients using
automated appointment scheduling process, interview incoming
patients verifying identity, maintain provider appointment
schedules, verify financial/insurance information, collect payments
for services, and recording required data.
- Insert patient related material as required; maintain separate
logs/records related to care and compliance.
- Provide general clerical support throughout the organization as
needed including filing, answering/rerouting calls, preparing data
reports, compiling statistics.
- Coordinated Care/Patient Centered Medical Care Management:
Works with all members of the Health Care Team towards achieving
coordinated patient centered care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the goals and objectives of PCHC's
patient care management plan.
- Effectively able to perform and communicate individual tasks
within the role. Maintain patient confidentiality at all levels of
- Provide general interpretation support for all clinical
- Knowledge of immigration documentation may be required for some
clinics (to include Passport immunizations, Immigration 693 forms,
and Refugee I94 Card).
- The above listing of duties is not meant to be all inclusive.
However, the Employer will not ask any Employee to routinely
perform a task unrelated to the above-mentioned duties. PCHC is
EOE/M/F/D/V/SO Hours are M-W-F 8:00am-5:00pm; T-TH 11am-8pm.
Subject to change due to extended hours.
Keywords: The Providence Community Health Centers, Inc., Providence , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!