Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Posted on: January 24, 2023
ConvenientMD is a full-service, provider staffed urgent care group
offering high-quality and affordable medical care for a broad scope
of illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. No appointment
is necessary, patients can just walk-in from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a
week. The company has a friendly staff providing a consumer-centric
experience. ConvenientMD clinics always have a provider on site in
state-of-the-art facilities equipped with digital x-ray, lab, ECG
Currently hiring for full time availability.
- Contributes to clinic's effectiveness by identifying short-term
and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed;
providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations;
recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing
physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering
diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and
laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and
immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic
regimens; giving normal growth and development information;
discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional
problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating
future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Develops health care team staff by providing information,
educational opportunities, and experiential growth
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
Training and Experience Requirements:
- A Master's degree and certification by Physician Assistant or
Nurse Practitioner certifying body is required. Must have and
maintain a DEA license with no restrictions.
- BLS certified
- Clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, or
ambulatory care setting is preferred.
- The principles and processes for providing customer and
personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting
quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable
state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.
- Computerized information systems used in business applications
and clinical management systems (EMR).
- Relevant drugs and their chemical composition, structure, and
properties of substances and of the chemical processes and
transformations that they undergo.
- Non-pharmaceutical patient care aids, their applicable uses,
and relevance to patient care.
- Current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of
medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time. Some
bending and stooping is required.
- Must be able to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Keywords: ConvenientMD, Providence , Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Bellingham, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!