Orthopedic Residency Program Coordinator
Company: UNIVERSITY ORTHOPEDICS
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job Title: Orthopedic Residency Program CoordinatorReports To:
PresidentLocation: Dudley Street GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Under
general supervision, but according to established policies and
procedures, performs clerical support functions related to an
in-house post-graduate training program. Utilizes a thorough
knowledge of the department, hospital, and specific program to
gather and interpret material, and to prepare reports and records.
Assists in coordinating recruiting efforts, program schedules and
activities, and establishment and maintenance of required filing
and record systems. Performs a combination of the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently applies the corporate values of respect, honesty
and fairness and the constant pursuit of excellence in improving
the health status of the people of the region through the provision
of customer-friendly, geographically accessible, and high-value
services within the environment of a comprehensive integrated
academic health system. Is responsible for knowing and acting in
accordance with our policies.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks relative to collection,
organization, preparation, distribution, and record keeping of
large volumes of information necessary to meet recruiting
documentation and information requirements of in-house
post-graduate training program specifications.
- According to specific guidelines, assembles literature to be
sent out to recruit programs participants. May compose and type
introduction letters, forms, and other descriptive literature to be
included in the recruiting package. Mails information to designated
- Receives telephone and written inquiries about the program or
request for application. Gathers required documents and forwards
them to requestor. According to established guidelines, screens
compiled applications for adherence to standard requirements. May
research files to secure additional pertinent information to be
included with application for review by supervisor and/or other
- Orders and distributes such as correspondence, forms,
statistical analyses, agendas, and reports, including large volumes
of material related to program content and purpose prepared for
faculty advisors, program members and regulatory or accrediting
- May maintain petty cash funds, distributing monies as
authorized and maintaining appropriate records. May receive and
deposit application or registration fees to designated
- Utilizing a thorough knowledge of the Hospital, department, and
program acts as a resource person to program participants, as well
as other staff, to provide information. Acts to resolve matters on
their own within the scope of responsibility and authority.
- Develops, maintains, and revises as necessary records and
filing system, including updating program manuals as
- Provides functional guidance to other clerical personnel who
may assist during peak periods with the preparation of
correspondence, brochures, and manuals.
- Maintains program statistics as required by the Hospital and
outside agencies. May tabulate data and perform some statistical
analyses to prepare recruiting reports. May maintain
participant-related expense data such as telephone, travel,
- Maintains department library, ordering books and journals as
directed or assisted in document research.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager to meet department
needs. Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Six to twelve months' experience on the job training and
experience to become familiar with the department's policies and
- In addition to the skills normally obtained through completion
of a high school education, up to one year of specialized training
including course work in correspondence typing and general business
procedures, or the equivalent.
- Analytical ability to locate, research, and interpret
- Organizational skills to gather, assemble and maintain data
from a variety of sources.
- Proficient typing skills to prepare a variety of materials such
as correspondence, forms, and manuals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling to
complies and edit written materials.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of
personnel and people outside the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Performs independently within the department's policies and
practices. Refers specific complex problems to the supervisor when
clarification of the departmental policies and procedures are
- Must be able to travel to all sites if/when necessary
Keywords: UNIVERSITY ORTHOPEDICS, Providence , Orthopedic Residency Program Coordinator, Healthcare , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!