Infection Control Nurse/RN
Company: Berkshire Place Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Berkshire Place Nursing and Rehabilitation Center - Berkshire is
searching for an Infection Control Nurse/Registered Nurse. - -This
position is a full-time exempt position with rotating on-call
duties. We are an innovative, forward thinking employer who values
our employees and the individuals we care for.
-The ways we show we care...
- - - - - - - New competitive rates!
- - - - - - - We support and care about our employees.
- - - - - - - Beautiful location and comfortable working
- - - - - - - Flexible scheduling
- - - - - - - Continuous learning-tuition reimbursement
- - - - - - - Excellent Benefits
- - - - - - - Generous vacation package
-PRIMARY PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position is to ensure all infection
control policies and procedures are up to date and that all staff
are aware. Responsible to carry out assigned duties, in accordance
with current existing federal and state regulations and established
facility policies and procedures.
1. - - - - Performs rounds on the units regularly to observe
infection control procedures and compliance.
2. - - - - Reserves and schedules room and audiovisual equipment
needed for in-services.
3. - - - - Monitors and arranges infection control rates.
4. - - - - Administers tuberculin skin tests to all new
5. - - - - Maintains facilities exposure control manual.
6. - - - - Manage Essential Caregivers Program, responsible to
in-service caregivers on infection control procedures.
7. - - - - Maintain UDA Grid
8. - - - - Administers TB skin test and COVID test to all new
9. - - - - Book COVID vaccines and field staff to correct
10. - Administers Hepatitis B vaccine to employees as needed.
11. - Performs other related duties as directed by the DNS and/or
12. - On call Supervisor per schedule and fill in shifts as
13. - Coordinated medical for all new hires.
14. - Maintains all employee medical files and ensures that they
15. - Administers COVID vaccines to residents
16. - Tracks COVID vaccines for both staff and residents.
17. - Print COVID results on all resident and distribute to Nursing
-OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. - - - - Determines employee educational needs related to
2. - - - - Educates staff on infection control policies and
3. - - - - Reports weekly on Tuesday's to the NHSN COVID-19
4. - - - - Attends and participates in staff meetings.
5. - - - - Attends all mandatory in-services and seminars to obtain
current information on nursing regulations and issues.
6. - - - - Participates as needed in Quality Assurance meeting and
provides information pertaining to quality assurance.
7. - - - - Acts as an active member of the interdisciplinary
8. - - - - Serves on, participates in, and attends various
committees of the facility.
9. - - - - Implements recommendations from established committees
as they pertain to nursing unit.
- - - - - - - Holds a current license in this state as a Registered
- - - - - - - Must be a graduate of an accredited school of
- - - - - - - Infection Prevention Certification
- - - - - - - Must have a comprehensive knowledge of nursing
practices and procedures; administration of medications and
possible side effects; knowledge of federal and state regulations
relating to resident care and rights. - Effective training
techniques. - Communicates effectively with others.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Berkshire Place Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Providence , Infection Control Nurse/RN, Healthcare , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!