Rehabilitation Tech, Butler Outpatient - FT 40 hours
Company: Spaulding Hospital Cape Cod(SRN and SCC)
Posted on: September 10, 2019
Provide direct patient care under the direction and supervision of
a licensed Therapist, in an Outpatient Clinic setting.
Direct Patient Care
* Takes vital signs, including blood pressure, reports to therapist
* Assists with activities of daily living using adaptive equipment
as specified by therapist.
* Attends to patients elimination needs.
* Utilizes basic observation skills to obtain patient information,
reports changes in patient condition to or response to treatment to
* Provides one to one supervision of patient as assigned.
* Identifies and requisitions supplies needed for patient care when
* Performs clerical duties related to patient intake, registration
and insurance processing as needed.
* Maintains cleanliness and safety of the patient care unit,
including daily temperature checks and logs of hydrocollator,
paraffin, Fluido and cold pack machines, disinfecting surfaces and
equipment used in patient care, and changing linens.
Under Therapist Supervision
* Application of hot and cold packs
* Wheelchair positioning, adjustment/modifications.
* Endurance and strengthening exercises.
* Routine and specific exercise programs and equipment.
* ROM activities.
* Donning/doffing orthotics, prosthetics and braces.
* Co-leading of therapy groups.
* Transfers to patients with chairs, wheelchairs, with or without
the use of assistive/transfer devices.
* Performs and assists with paraffin and contrast baths and cares
* Mentoring and teaching is provided for new nursing assistants to
meet performance expectations.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are
completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration,
Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Graduate of CNA training program required for Skilled Nursing
Facilities and preferred for other PCC entities.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience as a nursing assistant
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g.
computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills
using the English language.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications
preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Maintain variable work schedule to meet department needs.
(evenings and nights, holidays, weekends and travel).
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working
with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member
of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with
ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with
respect and opportunity for all. PHH takes affirmative action to
ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons
regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age,
ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would
be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.
Keywords: Spaulding Hospital Cape Cod(SRN and SCC), Providence , Rehabilitation Tech, Butler Outpatient - FT 40 hours, Healthcare , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!