Full Time Trainer
Company: First Student
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Now Hiring a Full Time Driver Trainer in Providence, RI At First
Student, our Trainers are a constant reflection of our company's
commitment to safety and customer service. The Trainer is
responsible for training employees and educating about safety and
compliance regulations. At First Student, we are proud to
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment Trainer
- Provides classroom and/or behind-the-wheel training to new
operators or re-training of current operators.
- Provides training to location personnel
- Tracks attendees and maintains training documentation based on
regulations and company policy. Must be well organized and strong
- While the focus of the position is on driver training, employee
may also have other safety program responsibilities (e.g. accident
investigation, forms compliance, safety meetings).
- Other duties as assigned. Must be flexible to company, state
and local policy changes.
- Accepting/processing of applications, interviewing, and
assisting applicants obtain proper credentials in order to enter
the training program.
- Must be willing and able to work closely with a very diverse
- Coordinates and schedules driver training dates/times.
- While trainer may modify training information, based on the
situation or need, he/she utlilizes a standard training progrma
that has been developed by others.
- Safety responsibilities such as accident investigation,
compliance forms, and safety meetings Trainer Required Experience
- CDL Class B with School Bus
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years training experience
- 1-3 years of transportation, safety, or related experience
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding
safety and environmental issues
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with
ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officals and general public.
- Fluent English
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel within service area as needed
First Student's commitment to putting our customers first,
dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable
transportation makes for a working environment you'll love. As a
huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers
worldwide, you'll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and
excellent training. Apply today to join our team! First Student is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. FirstGroup is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
Keywords: First Student, Providence , Full Time Trainer, Hospitality & Tourism , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!