Overnight Valet Attendant
Company: Graduate Providence
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Located in the heart of downtown Providence, Rhode Island, the
294-room Graduate Providence is a landmark hotel with an
illustrious past. Designed by the celebrated firm Warren and
Wetmore, the architects behind New York City's Grand Central
Station, the hotel debuted to widespread acclaim in 1922 and
quickly became the tourist and social center of Providence. Today,
deeply woven within the city's fabric and culture and beloved by
generations of guests, the Graduate Providence is an authentic
Providence tradition. The Graduate Providence is a member of the
Historic Hotels of America.
Primary responsibility is to ensure that all guests are warmly
welcomed upon their arrival at the entrance of the Hotel. The Valet
assures a quality arrival and departure experience at the door
including assistance with luggage, parking and retrieving cars, and
accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous
and efficient manner.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Open doors greeting guest with smile and friendly comment as they
enter and exit the hotel.
- Greet arriving vehicles, opening doors for the guest and greeting
them in a proper manner. Assist guests with luggage to the curbside
and direct them to front desk or other areas as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate
standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel(s).
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag while
- Comply at all times with Highgate standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Valet guest cars within the procedures set for the department,
ensuring that guest car and keys are safe and secure. Each vehicle
will be clearly tagged.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times. Be attentive,
friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow
- Drive cars from main entrance to garage in a safe manner
- Maintain front entrance free of cars
- Maintain order within the Lobby area - deterring non-guest
- Maintain dash and seat controls in the manner as left by the
- Open and close car/cab doors for arriving and departing
- Assist guest with directions and information of property as
- Assist departing guest with transportation as requested.
- Retrieve valet vehicles in an efficient manner. Follow proper
procedure in assisting the guest into the vehicle and loading
articles including luggage into the vehicle as required.
- Assist Door Attendant in monitoring traffic in the porte
- Also, ensures that the porte cochere is clean of litter, water,
oil, and other items that would be considered unacceptable standard
in maintaining the cleanliness of the area.
- Perform duties as required in the related positions of the
department and Door Attendant. Familiar with all procedures of
- Diplomatically handle or refer guest request and complaints.
- Ensure any safety or security related procedures are implemented
and any possible situation is immediately reported.
- Immediately notify security and/or management of accident/s and
complete the appropriate documentation
- Maintain cleanliness of motor entrance and front door
- Give directions
- Open doors
- Escort guests to rooms
- Arrange early morning taxi's for guests as requested
- Polish / clean bell carts daily
- Properly stand at attention at the hotel entrance.
- Assist in moving luggage from the front entrance to the main
- Load and unload carts
- Conduct house count by computer
- Provide back up service for door person
- Other duties as required.
Keywords: Graduate Providence, Providence , Overnight Valet Attendant, Hospitality & Tourism , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!