Food & Beverage Manager in Training - The Graduate Providence
Company: Graduate Providence
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Located in the heart of downtown Providence, Rhode Island, the 294-room Graduate Providence is a landmark hotel with an illustrious past. Designed by the celebrated firm Warren and Wetmore, the architects behind New York City's Grand Central Station, the hotel debuted to widespread acclaim in 1922 and quickly became the tourist and social center of Providence. Today, deeply woven within the city's fabric and culture and beloved by generations of guests, the Graduate Providence is an authentic Providence tradition. The Graduate Providence is a member of the Historic Hotels of America.
The Food & Beverage Manager-In-Training will receive exposure to/and provide support in all aspects of the food and beverage catering operation including banquets, kitchen, conference services, clerical, administrative, sales and marketing, purchasing, and other duties to assist in the smooth operation of Food & Beverage over a 6-month rotational internship development program. He/she is also responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests.
- Provide floor coverage for catering events and support the front and back of house banquets, culinary, and stewarding team as needed.
- Work with the F&B management team and keep them informed of any F&B issues as they arise.
- Attend BEO (Banquet Event Order) meetings to assist in planning and execution of banquet operations.
- Provide clerical support such as editing, printing and distributing menus and other materials, data entry and compiling reports from our POS system.
- Provide operational support such as inventory, purchasing, and detailing.
- Confirm banquet set-ups are completed in accordance with BEO.
- Act as a host, utilizing our guest reservation system and warmly engaging with our guests to enhance the arrival, dining and departure experience.
- Review menu/service with catering managers and Executive Chef.
- Receive telephone and email messages and respond accordingly.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Manage all incoming catering inquiries and distribute accordingly.
- Maintain and stay abreast of the latest computer programs/innovations (as applicable).
- Assist with catering event resumes and distribution
- Manage BEO distribution and event guarantees
- Maintain up to date details on banquet functions and communicate changes accordingly.
- Filing of all pertinent correspondence in a timely manner.
- Handle correspondence pertaining to department.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Type and distribute meeting minutes.
- Maintain trace file as needed.
- Inspect banquet and service areas for safety, sanitation, cleanliness, and maintenance on a regular basis.
- Prepare Banquet Event Orders (BEOS), Group Resumes, and Reader Boards as needed
- Greet guests/clients/employees when necessary.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
Keywords: Graduate Providence, Providence , Food & Beverage Manager in Training - The Graduate Providence, Hospitality & Tourism , Providence, Rhode Island
here to apply!