Company: Graduate Providence
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Highgate Hotels Highgate is a premier real estate investment and
hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in
the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway
markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate's
portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value
exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The
company provides expert guidance through all stages of the
hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity
and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry
leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and
predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the
company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major
hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New
York, Dallas, and Seattle. Location Located in the heart of
downtown Providence, Rhode Island, the 294-room Graduate Providence
is a landmark hotel with an illustrious past. Designed by the
celebrated firm Warren and Wetmore, the architects behind New York
City's Grand Central Station, the hotel debuted to widespread
acclaim in 1922 and quickly became the tourist and social center of
Providence. Today, deeply woven within the city's fabric and
culture and beloved by generations of guests, the Graduate
Providence is an authentic Providence tradition. The Graduate
Providence is a member of the Historic Hotels of America.
Employment Status Part-Time Overview The Cook is responsible for
preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the
Restaurants, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, while
maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and
appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the
cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas
while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the
opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served
promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and
dairy and meat products.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of
proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following
specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as
specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation
of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment
properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury
to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel's standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards
to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen
- Maintain a "Clean As You Go" policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred.
- Culinary experience required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required,
according to hotel standards.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling,
poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
Keywords: Graduate Providence, Providence , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!