Trainer/Safety Specialist - New England
Company: Lewis Tree Service
Posted on: January 15, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: The Safety Specialist/Trainer interacts with all Lewis
employees engaged in all facets of vegetation management. The
Safety Specialist/Trainer coaches and counsels employees to ensure
100% compliance with company practices and procedures and to
further the company's Total Safety Culture. This role will also
include general training for positions related to vegetation
management to include Grounds people, Trimmers and Crew Leaders.
The position will be require travel throughout the New England
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
* Conducts on-site visits with Lewis field workers.
* Assists with Total Safety Culture events at the divisional and
* Assists with on-boarding and training of employees in
* Assists with incident analysis.
* Assists leadership teams with training initiatives.
* Assists in authoring tailgates and hot sheets.
* Attends safety related meetings sponsored by our customers.
* Attends trade shows.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Associate's degree in a related field or other recognized safety
credentials such as CUSP, CTSP, or ISA Arborist.
* Five years of line clearance experience.
* Driver's License is required (CDL is preferred). Must be familiar
with large vehicle regulations.
TECHNOLOGY, EQUIPMENT & TOOLS:
* Proficient with standard office equipment i.e. computer, phones,
scanner, fax and copier.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office.
* Smart phone and tablet knowledge.
* Experience with digital cameras and projectors.
* Competent in the care and use of utility line clearance tree
tools such as Saws (Chain and hand) pruners, hanger poles, ropes
and rigging tools, saddles, full body harnesses, aerial lifts,
chippers, and all applicable personal protective equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Proficient knowledge of safe work practices for line clearance
* Proficient knowledge of LTS Safety and Training Manual.
* Proficient knowledge of regulations; OSHA 1910.269 and ANSI
* Ability to coach and counsel field workers by providing both
positive and negative feedback.
* Aware of the company's methodology for total safety culture.
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus. Proficient presentation
* Ability to train effectively new and experienced employees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee must regularly
stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time, reach and perform
repetitive key strokes. While performing the duties of this job, an
employee must occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb
stairs and lift or move up to 100 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to an office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to
The position requires travel including overnights by ground and/or
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Lewis Tree Service is an equal employment opportunity employer
committed to providing equal opportunity for both applicants and
employees. Lewis Tree Service prohibits unlawful discrimination or
harassment of employees and applicants on the basis of race, creed,
color, national origin, sex, age (40+), religion, disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
citizenship status, veteran status, or any other legally protected
characteristic, all employment decisions, including but not limited
to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, apprenticeship,
promotion, demotion, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all
other terms and conditions of employment. Lewis Tree Service's
practices and policies are administered in accordance with
applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Lewis Tree Service es un empleador de Igualdad de Oportunidades
encargado de proveer igualdad de oportunidades para todos,
incluyendo los aplicantes y los empleados. Lewis Tree Service se
prohíbe la discriminación o el acoso de empleados y aplicantes por
el motivo de raza, credo, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad (40+),
religión, discapacidad, estatus matrimonial, orientación sexual,
información genética, estatus de ciudadanía, estatus de veterano, o
cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley, todas la
decisiones de empleo, incluyendo pero no limitado a reclutamiento,
contratación, compensación, entrenamiento, promoción, democión,
transferir, suspender y terminación, y todos los otro términos de
empleo. Las practicas de Lewis Tree Service son administradas de
acuerdo con las leyes federales, estatales, y locales
Lewis Tree Service - Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Lewis Tree Service, Providence , Trainer/Safety Specialist - New England, Human Resources , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!