Human Resources Director
Company: Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Location: North Smithfield
Posted on: February 22, 2021
We are continuing our COVID-19 best practices. You may expect to
have more digital experiences in the Kindred interview process.
Human Resources Director North Smithfield, Rhode Island
The Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island in North Smithfield,
Rhode Island is a joint venture between Kindred Healthcare and
Landmark Medical Center. Many of the patients we serve have
experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations,
complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring
inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients
achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning
home as soon as able.-- Job Summary: Responsible for all Human
Resource functions within the hospital including recruiting,
hiring, orienting and training employees. Also is responsible for
benefits, safety, and worker's compensation and oversees all
payroll functions. Ensures that all Human Resource practices meet
the guidelines and specifications of all state and federal laws.
This is a hands on HR role with ownership of all facets of HR.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the facility's history,
mission, services and organizational structure.
- Work closely with management team to reduce turnover, increase
employee engagement and promote the Core Values.
- Handle all payroll processes.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple assignments,
balance priorities, makes decisions quickly.
- Screens all applicants to ensure they meet Hospital hiring
guidelines and ensures OFCCP compliance and fair hiring
- Develops and evaluates recruiting resources and strategies
including but not limited to, recruitment ads, attend job fairs and
network with regional employment agencies and schools to recruit
highly qualified candidates to fill open positions.
- Analyzes relevant market factors, including compensation
packages, shift differential and sign on bonuses and along with
Controller and CEO, ensures a fair and equitable merit
- Works with CEO, leadership team and corporate compensation
teams to determine salaries, compensation issues and other human
resources policies and procedures.
- Assists in orienting and training all new employees.
Responsible for creating and maintaining employee personnel,
education and medical files.
- Reports all workers compensation cases to insurance carrier and
OSHA. Responsible for managing all aspects of workers
- Responsible for employee evaluation process. Assists managers
in completing and presenting these evaluations to employees.
- Responds to all request for information from unemployment
office and all other government agencies. Attends unemployment,
workers compensation and EEO hearings when required.
- Oversees payroll functions and acts as backup to Payroll
- Responsible for Employee Relations. Works directly with
Managers with all employee issues. Is responsible to ensure that
Hospital policies and procedures are adhered to and promoting an
open door environment.
- Responsible for Employee Benefits including presenting all
benefits to employees at hire and during open enrollment. Working
closely with corporate benefits department on issues and problems
- Acts as a liaison between Kindred Corporate and the
rehabilitation hospital for all Human Resource issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or other related degree or
nearing completion of the degree.
- Position requires a high level of proficiency normally acquired
through five to seven years of progressively responsible work
- Working knowledge of all state and federal laws related to the
Human Resources Field. What interview advice would you give me to
prepare for this role? 0:33 Hi, I'm Haley Merrick. I'm a
recruitment strategy professional with the Ki--- Benefits &
Recognition Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and
incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and
motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include
bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond. Healthcare We
offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan
options. 401(k) Plan Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars
through payroll deduction. Paid Time Off Your work/life balance is
important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off
program. Wellness Program We offer tools, resources and support for
weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall
healthier choices. Community Community involvement is consistent
with our company's principles and with our mission of customer
service and quality care. You have high standards. So do we. Find
your future with Kindred, the country's largest provider of
post-acute care. A career here will allow you to learn, thrive and
grow in a positive and supportive environment where your input
matters. Join us and see all that you can accomplish when you
combine your talent, skills and dedication with a highly successful
and compassionate healthcare leader. Get the latest job openings
based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters Share some preliminary info about
yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Inc., Providence , Human Resources Director, Human Resources , North Smithfield, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!