Company: Graduate Providence
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Located in the heart of downtown Providence, Rhode Island, the
294-room Graduate Providence is a landmark hotel with an
illustrious past. Designed by the celebrated firm Warren and
Wetmore, the architects behind New York City's Grand Central
Station, the hotel debuted to widespread acclaim in 1922 and
quickly became the tourist and social center of Providence. Today,
deeply woven within the city's fabric and culture and beloved by
generations of guests, the Graduate Providence is an authentic
Providence tradition. The Graduate Providence is a member of the
Historic Hotels of America.
Support the overall operation of both the Executive Office & Human
Resource Department in daily administrative functions. Assist the
General Manager and Director of Human Resources with key
responsibilities for both offices, which includes new hire
administration, employee relations, training and communications
with both hotel departments and Highgate corporate offices.
- Support the employment process including applicant screening,
determining eligibility for employment, conducting reference checks
and verifying paperwork for accuracy.
- Refer potential new-hires to department managers when appropriate
- Assist with department outgoing correspondence and memorandums as
- Maintain all logs (new hire, termination, transfers, department
meetings, turnover reports) daily by period and prepare reports in
a timely, accurate manner.
- Assist with all benefit administration including group health
insurance, vacation, sick, person, leave of absence, jury duty pay,
retirement plan. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed
and all completed forms to be accurate with timely submission.
- Assist with coordination of all other new hire pre-employment
steps, including drug testing; reference checks, etc., to ensure
compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Respond to all interviewed applicants via telephone or letter
within required time frame.
- Assist with completion of appropriate paperwork for new hires,
terminations, payroll action forms and employee status changes on a
daily basis and in a timely, accurate manner.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation: Help administer overview of
benefits to new associates.Explain elements of various benefits to
associates as required and assist with enrollment and claims
- Present overview of Highgate Handbook with complete knowledge of
all policies and procedures
- Notify all managers of monthly reviews, prepare payroll action
forms and track all completed reviews to ensure reviews are given
in a timely manner.
- Assist the HR department in maintaining accurate employee
- Assist with OSHA, Workers Compensation, and Unemployment Claims
responsibilities for hotel.
- Assist with HR reception area duties: greeting associates,
managers and potential new hires. Direct to appropriate manager if
- Assist in the production of Employee newsletter.
- Maintain associate's files and ensure that filing is completed at
the end of each week.
- Assist with Associate Employee Relations Events.
- Ensure compliance of the Immigration Reform and Control Act for
- Maintain inventory of office and benefit supplies on a regular
basis. Complete purchase orders needed to replenish such
- Keep employee bulletin boards current, post memos, pictures of
employee events, loss prevention materials.
- Distribute paychecks as needed and ensure completed signature
pages are collected complete from each department.
- Assist with other special hotel projects as needed.
- Provide GM with administrative support through scheduling of key
appointments, coordinating in-house meetings & agendas, while
assisting with all associate events.
- Assist the GM & hotel with Social Media management, including but
not limited to: timely responses to twitter, on-line reviews,
Facebook, Flicker, Yelp, Google+ and any other on-line channel open
to the hotel's guests and clients
- Take the lead on web presence management, with Hyatt Brand
Analytics and Micros Interactive our on-line website management
vendor, insuring timely follow-up on website updates; these include
updates, menus, promos and special calendar events
- Assist with daily Medalia tracking and reporting out daily
results. Ensure timely follow-up from department heads on guest
- Assist with administration and management of hotel programs such
as MOD, Lobby Ambassador, Zone management and ensure timely
follow-up and communication on all facets of each from scheduling
to reporting and execution
- Support upward, timely communication to Highgate corporate
offices and senior leadership and ensure compliance with daily,
weekly and monthly deliverables.
- Assist with weekly coordination of our Gold Passport Reception
and assist with invite printing for in-house VIP's
- Assist with and ensure timely follow-up on all in-house guest
communication and requests from within the hotel's guestrooms and
present a response to the guest confirming receipt of their
- Assist with timely follow-up to incoming guest correspondence
received through the hotel's general mailbox and forward to all
departments as deemed necessary for their follow-up
- In absence of the GM, coordinate and follow-up on all corporate
office requests and assist finance as needed on reporting
requirements and deadlines
- Assist other departments on an as need basis when guest influx
Keywords: Graduate Providence, Providence , HR Coordinator, Human Resources , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!