Company: YMCA of Pawtucket Inc
Posted on: March 20, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY:The primary responsibility of the Personal
Trainer is to identify and then assist the member in attaining
their fitness goal(s). Personal Trainers are responsible in
providing outstanding member service and to pro-actively offer
assistance to all members. - This position supports the work of the
Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through
youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- The Personal Trainer must actively recruit Personal Training
leads, turning these leads around as a part of their active client
- Confirmation calls - "No show" follow up phone calls-
occasionally making New member Fitness Calls. -
- Actively looking to assist all members on the proper use of
equipment and ensure the safety, development and satisfaction of
all club members
- Light 'house keeping' on general appearance of the club,
picking up any trash, putting things in their -place, helping out
with the locker room, towels, filling of the solution bottles and,
wiping down equipment
- Report (Fitness related) maintenance immediately to the Health
and Wellness Director. - Any other situations to the manager on
- Track maintenance or other issues in the Fitness Communication
- Be a resource and make yourself approachable
- Always keep a professional manner and appearance
- Responsible for coverage of shift(s)
- Develop a working knowledge of YMCA software. - i.e., word,
- Must maintain active and current certifications QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree in the field of physical education, exercise
physiology or athletic training and at least 2 years practical
experience in health and wellness field
- Current C.P.R, AED and First Aide certifications
- Current YMCA Personal Training certificate or National
Certification (ACE, ACSM, NSCA, NCSF)
- In addition, the following skills are necessary for the success
of being a Fitness Professional / Personal Trainer at the YMCA: -
Energetic, outgoing, communicative, interpersonal and
organizational skills WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for
long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and/or assist up to 50 pounds in
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several
hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations
and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency YMCA LEADERSHIP
COMPETENCIES: Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y's
values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community
needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working
relationships with them. Supports fund-raising. Collaboration:
Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities,
opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to
others. Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view,
and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for
understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes
initiative to assist in developing others. Operational
Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from
one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers
ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals,
clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings.
Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all
financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed
goals and deliver a high-value experience for members. Personal
Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the
change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths
and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the
functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform
well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and
skills in technology.
Keywords: YMCA of Pawtucket Inc, Providence , Personal Trainer, Human Resources , Lincoln, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...