Head Athletic Trainer
Company: Brown University
Posted on: July 11, 2018
Brown University invites applications for the position of Head Athletic Trainer. The Head Athletic Trainer manages the Sports Medicine Program, providing supervision and direction to the athletic training staff. The Sports Medicine personnel provide medical care and health education to ensure the safety of, reduce the risk of injury to, and assist with the rehabilitation of injured student-athletes. This position also has a dotted line reporting structure to University Health Services and coordinates with both internal and external health care providers.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Job Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate area of specialization and 4-5 years professional experience; Master's Degree preferred.
- Rhode Island Athletic Training License.
- NATA BOC Certification.
- 75 Continuing Education units (CEUs) every two years.
- CPR/AED & First Aid Certification.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling 20-50 pounds occasionally, 10-25 pounds frequently, or up to 10 pounds constantly.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling.
- Frequent reaching, handling, talking, hearing, seeing.
- Excellent communication and listening skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility and the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Strong management and decision-making skills essential.
- Ability to supervise, develop and evaluate personnel required.
- Knowledge of NCAA and Ivy League rules.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown's Career Site: https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/staff-careers-brown/job/Olney-Margolies-Athletic-Center/Head-Athletic-Trainer_REQ146015
Keywords: Brown University, Providence, Head Athletic Trainer, Human Resources, Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!