Lead Health Data Analyst - Database
Company: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Friday, March 13, 2020
Independently lead the extraction and analysis of health
care data for specific studies and corporate initiatives. Lead data
intensive projects and serve as a
technical resource to department staff and management on technical
new analyses and reporting metrics to assist management with
making. Train and mentor less experienced
staff. Develop and improve automated processes
to increase the efficiency and accuracy of work products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Initiate and lead data intensive projects; translate
quantitative findings into practical insights through the
interpretation of data, trends and other sources. Prepare project
results or recommendations for a wide range of audiences using
written reports and presentation exhibits/graphics.
- Perform complex analytical work of health care data. Utilize
data to provide insights about customers and prospects to support
the growth of various market segments.
- Conduct special data extraction and analysis studies. Summarize
results and provide recommendations where appropriate.
- Design, implement, and maintain various databases as assigned;
develop reporting capabilities and ensure data quality and
documentation is adequate.
- Identify areas where operational efficiency can be improved
through enhanced automation. Collaborate with technical staff on
implementation of enhancements. Communicate necessary changes and
enhancements to all internal/external customers.
- Represent the organization at external meetings.
- Provide recommendations and input to new contract provisions
for performance guarantees. Respond to various Requests for
Implementation as requested by marketing staff. Perform special
studies as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics
or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and
- Seven to ten years health data analysis, business analysis,
software application, database design, and technical documentation
experience, preferably in the health insurance industry
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Knowledge of econometric modeling
- Knowledge of marketing analytic principles and modeling
- Experience utilizing competitive intelligence
- Background in Actuarial Science
- Experience with version control practices.
- Fluency in design patterns and application.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9 coding and covered benefits
- Understanding of SAS programming, spreadsheet, and database
software and other application development tools
- Knowledge of general mathematical principals
- Working knowledge of Business Objects and Windows
- Understanding of micro and mainframe computer systems
- Ability to mentor, coach and provide guidance to others
- Ability to understand, visualize, and code to
- Ability to understand requirements and independently interpret
and discern needs.
- Experience with Auditing data for accuracy and integrity.
- Expertise in ANSI SQL methods
- Experience with transactional databases
- Experience with third normal form database schema design.
- Expertise with denormalized database schema design.
- Expertise with SAS programming constructs.
- Experience with architecting analytical solutions
- Understanding of object-oriented principles.
- Ability to parse and decipher SAS log output.
- Understanding of Claims Data
- Understanding of Enrollment and Attribution Data
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and
inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability
to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal
opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
genetic information and gender identity or expression.
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal
laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex,
national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender
identity or expression. Please visit
view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Keywords: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Providence , Lead Health Data Analyst - Database, IT / Software / Systems , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!