Software Test Engineer
Company: Software Guidance & Assistance
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an
Software Test Engineer for a Contract assignment with one of our
premier Information Technology clients in Lincoln, RI.
- Perform manual test and design, debug, and develop automated
tests and test infrastructure in a quality manner consistent with
company and departmental standards and procedures.
- Document designs and software, update preexisting
documentation, as appropriate, with context, data flow and/or state
diagrams, structure and flow charts, pseudocode, and source
- Test products under specified and/or reasonable conditions
under which it may operate.
- Work with engineers in Firmware, Software, Electrical and
Mechanical groups to test and debug features and improvements.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of test, software
languages, techniques, and methods.
- Investigate problems and recommend solutions. Implement any
required corrective action.
- Advise and assist developers in the design or modification of
- Accurately estimate time to complete tasks. Upon accepting the
estimates of others, complete the task to schedule in a timely
- Perform other duties as assigned Required Skills:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Interest and knowledge of embedded software test, embedded
software and Software tool development are highly desired.
- Must be proficient in Python, Scripting, Tool development, C,
and have experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with various communication protocols and various
- Skills in OOD, Design patterns, Structured design, Design
Documentation, Debugging Techniques are desired.
- Familiarity with flowcharting concepts desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English. SGA is a
Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty
years of service to our national client base for both permanent
placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions,
we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to
health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct
deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most
contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire,
Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in
the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized
to work for government entities will be considered for government
roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like
to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job
opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to
apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn
more about SGA please visit us online at . - provided by Dice
Keywords: Software Guidance & Assistance, Providence , Software Test Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Lincoln, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!