Head of Technology
Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Posted on: February 26, 2021
The Head of Technology leads the development of technology
strategies. Guides/Oversees Smart's technology functions to ensure
effective delivery of "rock solid" software products and
infrastructure. Technical Strategy and Analysis
- Develops/Oversees technical strategies to move Smart's product
offerings fully to the web in conjunction with Smart's strategic
- Acts as key partner with the Head of Product by uncovering and
communicating technical contingencies, resource capabilities and
infrastructural considerations which are vital to the management of
the Product Road Map.
- Works with Product to determine the most cost-effective way to
deliver new features to our customers, while considering both
short-term objectives and long term strategic vision.
- Ensure the development of scalable, maintainable solutions that
provide maximum customer value with a minimum of maintenance and
- Contributes technology analysis, and recommendations to
strategic thinking and direction
- Establishes technology objectives and key results in line with
- Contributes to design of technical architecture, as needed.
- Oversee technology architecture, infrastructure and production
systems to ensure they will meet required performance,
functionality, scalability security, and efficiency
- Monitor and control costs of the deployed hardware systems to
ensure maximum value to Smart and implement changes and
improvements where necessary.
- Accountable for design failures, implementation failures, and
- Set code quality standards and tenaciously advocate for
software best practices at all times with everyone at Smart.
- Leads/Oversees the Software Development, IT Operations, and QA
function leads (technology departments)
- Ensure that members of technology departments have the tools
and skills necessary to do their jobs effectively, efficiently, and
- Mentor and develop skills of team members.
- Engage with and manage relationships with any third party
contractors/resources that Smart may leverage for short-term
- Oversee the construction and deployment of department projects
and ensure that accurate estimates are made, that milestones are
set, and changes to plans are communicated quickly and
- Accountable to deliver projects on time and on budget. Process
- Empower technology function leaders to build and manage
effective and efficient processes within their respective domains
and provide oversight in ensuring synergy and efficiency between
functions in the software development and deployment
- Work with members of the technology teams to help them
understand and adhere to processes, identify gaps, and implement
improvements to those processes.
- Accountable for monitoring processes and demonstrating that
they are efficient and cost-effective. Requirements
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field.
Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years' experience leading a team to develop software
applications for a business-to-business market, with 10+ years'
experience in software or application development
- Passion for developing and leading software engineers
- Proven experience in IT application planning and development,
resource management, and policy development
- Knowledge and experience working in an agile software
- API Development, AWS, AngularJS, Web technologies, SOA, Web
- Strong competency developing software using patterns and
- Prior experience with building and deploying SaaS
- Knowledge of business processes and management
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Providence , Head of Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!