Senior Mainframe Systems Programmer - TSS
Company: Ensono, LP
Posted on: March 18, 2023
At Ensono, our Purpose is to be a relentless ally, disrupting
the status quo and unleashing our clients to Do Great Things! We
enable our clients to achieve key business outcomes that reshape
how our world runs. As an expert technology adviser and managed
service provider with cross-platform certifications, Ensono
empowers our clients to keep up with continuous change and embrace
innovation.We can Do Great Things because we have great Associates.
The Ensono Core Values unify our diverse talents and are woven into
how we do business. These five traits are the key to achieving our
purpose.HONESTY --- RELIABILITY --- COLLABORATION --- CURIOSITY ---
PASSIONPosition SummaryWorking a shift schedule, primary duty is to
provide expertise in solving system related problems. - Secondary
duties involve applying vendor software license keys, updating
hardware configurations, and installing/verifying vendor
products.Key Areas of Focus for this Role
- Team members are to be available for and to respond to problem
calls from operations, or other mainframe support teams.
- Research reported issues to determine cause and best
circumvention and/or resolution, enlisting resources from other
teams and customer, as required to provide best response time.
- Take actions to implement circumvention/resolution and verify
- Communicate to both customer and management the status of
issues at intervals during resolution process.
- Maintain documentation of issue cause, action, and resolution
in the designated problem tracking system.
- Process configuration changes of processors and equipment to
meet requirements of customers.
- Maintain list of vendor software used by customer requiring a
product enablement code, documentation on means and method of
applying the codes, and expiration data on the products. Apply code
updates as necessary to keep products functional.
- Aid and assist other mainframe teams as required to support
them and our clients.What the Ideal Candidate Brings to this
RoleRequired Qualifications help to assure new Associates are set
up for success in their role with Ensono. To be considered for this
career opportunity, it is important that you meet all Required
Qualifications. Candidates that may meet some, but not all, Other
Qualifications are still encouraged to apply.Required
- Position requires 10 yrs. supporting MVS z/OS system
environments working with components, subsystems, and any attendant
- Candidates must possess thorough understanding of mainframe
operating system principals and subsystem components.
- Team members must be able to work independently and take
responsibility for system and subsystem recovery including critical
- Experience using various system monitoring software in problem
determination, particularly for performance/response problems.
- Strong analytical skills required for quick problem
determination and isolation of root cause with emphasis on required
recovery actions to minimize impact to client business.
- Able to perform Stand-alone and SVC dumps to aid vendor
diagnostics.Why ?Ensono is a place we unleash Associates to Do
Great Things - for our clients and for your career. This could mean
achieving a professional goal, collaborating with your team on an
innovative idea, learning a new skill, reaching a wellness
milestone, or engaging in your community through volunteer
programs. Whatever it means to you, we want Ensono to be the place
where you can do great things.
- We value flexibility and work-life balance. Positions that are
not required to be onsite to support a client may offer the ability
to work remotely or hybrid at an Ensono office location.
- Unlimited Paid Day Off (PDO) Plan
- Two robust health plan options through Blue Cross Blue
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Eligibility for dental, vision, short and long-term disability,
life and AD&D coverage, and flexible spending accounts
- Depending on location, ability to take advantage of fitness
- Wellness program
- Flexible work scheduleEnsono is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to
providing equal employment to our Associates and building a diverse
and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be
considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability, or other legally protected basis, in accordance
with applicable law.Pay transparency nondiscrimination
statement/posting OFCCP's pay transparency policy can be found on
.If you need accommodation at any point during the application or
interview process, please let your recruiter know or email .
Keywords: Ensono, LP, Providence , Senior Mainframe Systems Programmer - TSS, IT / Software / Systems , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...