Data Network Engineer
Posted on: April 15, 2019
Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork.
We are currently seeking a Data Network Engineer for our client in
the IT Services domain. We value our professionals, providing
comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity
for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking
for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Location: Providence, RI/ Zip Code: 02903
Compensation: Market Rate
Role: Data Network Engineer
Role Description: The Data Network Engineer would need to have at
least 5+ years of experience.
- The Data Network engineer is responsible for providing expertise
to networking infrastructure and associated project activities.
- The resource will provide troubleshooting and general specialist
- Installs, configures and ensures the reliability of network
devices viz. routers/ switches/ firewalls/ load balancers while
demonstrating strong technical analytical skills.
- Primary responsibilities include managing/performing advanced
troubleshooting and complex routing tasks, providing expert
knowledge in the technical field of network, driving
recommendations and solutions in the area of design, development,
testing and implementation of technology solutions; managing
network escalations and providing expert recommendations.
- In addition, will participate and/or lead project teams as a
technical resource to deliver solutions that follow best-practice
- Engineer will have a strong network background and will deliver
top tier support to design technical solutions and anticipate
potential problems, situations and risks and address
- Candidate will provide management and technical skills for
recovery from critical network events, and will play a role in both
the support and configuration of devices and services.
- This candidate will have expert level experience in the network
field and will be physically on site 5 days a week, with likely
some evening implementation.
- Minimum 7+ Years core network support experience.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of Cisco routing and
switching lines, ASA Firewalls, and F5 VPN and Load Balancers.
- One or more of the following certifications is required - CCIE,
CCNP, CCSP, CISSP or equivalent.
- Expertise with QOS, BGP, AVPN and cellular wireless required.
- Experience and advanced insight with Nexus 2K/5K/7K.
- Experience with the following is desired: F5 Big IP LTM/GTM,
Cisco ACS, F5 Firepass, Zenoss, Algosec, QRadar, Stealth Watch,
Sourcefire, Palo Alto Firewalls, and Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Considered SME in technology field and has expert knowledge of
equipment, protocols, technologies, services, and monitoring
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Abhishek Malik
Recruiter Phone: 412-436-0333 (Ext: 2306)
Keywords: , Providence , Data Network Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!