Senior Software Engineer
Company: eMoney Advisor
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job Summary At the level of Senior Software Engineer, you are
looked at as a natural leader by your peers. Having strong
technical chops, understanding our systems, and having empathy for
our customers is a given. You have a proven track record of
successfully delivering projects which had a positive impact on our
systems, product, team, and customers. You have successfully
brought on and mentored engineers. You are well steeped in the
eMoney culture and values. You have strong, educated and pragmatic,
opinions both on what we do and how we do it. You also have the
pragmatism and experience to yield the floor and allow better ideas
to prevail. You continue to grow your skills as a professional
developer. Great products come from the fusion of rock solid
engineering, clear product vision, and a hypersensitivity to the
customer experience. You live our design and development
methodologies, understand our business, and are on a continued
pursuit to build empathy for our customers. While you are
entrenched in the development, maintenance, and testing of one
product area, your view expands to the product vertical your team
operates in. You work with your team's Tech Lead to ensure sound
technical direction. Job Responsibilities
- Embody and live the Scrum values of commitment, courage, focus,
openness, and respect in all interactions, both within and outside
of the team.
- Be a team member. Listen a lot. Ask questions to seek clarity.
Take the floor when you have information, experience, or
perspective to share. Communicate impediments as they arise.
- A Scrum team collectively delivers on their sprint goals and
commitments. All team members are expected to always be intimately
familiar with, and working towards delivery of those commitments,
- In partnership with Product Management, actively seek to gain a
deeper understanding of the business context under which your team
operates. Leverage this understanding to present feature
recommendation to your Product Owner.
- In partnership with Design, continue to build empathy for the
primary, as well as secondary, personas your vertical supports.
Leverage this empathy to recommend small design changes to your
- Complete modifications, refactoring, and bug fixes to existing
functionality without the need for oversight.
- Perform complex changes and complicated refactoring without the
need for direction of an experienced team member.
- Mentor and coach less experiences team members.
- While made up of many disciplines, the team delivers on
commitments together. Perform documentation, design, and testing
tasks as required by the team.
- Actively participate and contribute to technical discussions
and code reviews.
- Evangelize and promote the successes and learnings of your team
in formal ceremonies, such as sprint demos, as well as in casual
- Write queries, scripts, and data upgrades.
- Take point on supporting deployments and releases.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide recommendations on technical direction to Tech
- Partners with Tech Lead to steer technical decisions on the
- 5+ years of experience. Completed three or more projects on
commercially available applications.
- S./M.S in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software
Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Mastery of professional practices and methodologies (Test
Driven Development, Pair Programming, Code Reviews, Refactoring
- Mastery with our development tools (Visual Studio, Resharper,
PowerShell, BitBucket (Git), Jira, Confluence, Roundhouse, Octopus
- Mastery of C#, data structure, basic algorithms, and
object-oriented programming. Able to perform any task or from
scratch implementation. Seen internally as a leader in this area.
Assists in defining best practices. Skills
- In-depth knowledge of design pattern.
- In-depth knowledge of working with legacy code.
- In-depth knowledge of web development (Asp.Net Web Forms,
effectively with only occasional use of guides, research, and
mentorship. Can replicate from similar work and apply
modifications. Follows best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of Window and IIS.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server).
- Self-motivation drive to get things done and deliver on team
- Strong understanding of our systems, customers, and business
goals as it pertains to the assigned vertical
- In-depth understanding of the context of the assigned Scrum
- Ability to work in a team and take direction well.
- Self-motivated and responds to supervision. Asks relevant
- Enthusiastic about company and programming company
- Can work with supervisor to plan tasks and estimate their
- Can adapt to changing conditions and coach others through
- Possesses ability to communicate efficiently verbally and
through written documentation.
- Maintains a broad understanding of our systems, customers, and
business goals. Has a deep understanding of these contexts for
Keywords: eMoney Advisor, Providence , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!