Claims Advocate/ Paralegal
Company: Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Claims Advocate/Paralegal is responsible for supporting the
senior members of the team by drafting client communications and
communications to the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
This dynamic position requires superior written and verbal
communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability
to work independently as well as in a fast-paced team environment.
This position offers quickly emerging opportunities for
advancement. A successful candidate will be organized, accountable,
take direction well, and able to multi-task in a collaborative
environment.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a high-volume caseload;
- Communicate by telephone with VA, clients, clients' families,
medical providers, etc. according to the following protocol:
- Develop and apply knowledge of VA appellate system to client
- Navigate client cases and files to answer all status
- Create positive interactions with clients to maintain client
- Forward appropriate inquiries to the corresponding VA
Accredited Representative, Team Lead, and Claims Advocate;
- Draft basic correspondence to clients and the VA;
- Update case management system with all correspondence,
completed work, contact information, and other information needed
for record-keeping purposes;
- Complete forms and releases with clients to obtain medical
records, Social Security records, service records, and other
necessary records and information;
- Ensure that all documents listed in VA decisions are present in
- Ensure VA is working on clients' pending claims and
- Complete applications for claims and appeals;
- Attend weekly or as-needed training sessions;
- Attend scheduled and unscheduled meetings.Education &
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from a four-year college or
- 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience;
- Customer service and/or office experience preferred but not
- Fluency in English;
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Adobe
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
with a 30-minute lunch period.
- Remote work allowed in certain states.Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $42,500.
- Comprehensive benefit plans including, health, disability, and
life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a wellness
reward program; and much more.
Keywords: Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, Providence , Claims Advocate/ Paralegal, Legal , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!