Enterprise Cloud Architect
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Develop the strategy and architecture for migrating data assets to
the cloud. Design the standards and mechanisms for cloud
governance. Lead participation in all phases of data warehouse
design, development, and integration. Support technical requirement
definition, functional specifications, design documentation, vendor
selection, and vendor integration as core team member of project
teams. Oversee the architecture, design, and development work for
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the cloud governance workgroup to develop the standards
for toolsets within Microsoft Azure cloud environment for data
migration and transformation.
- Build out the cloud migration roadmap for data assets.
- Lead modeling and application database administration (DBA)
activities for projects and production support.
- Lead enterprise database architecture activities.
- Design warehouse aggregations to optimize business intelligence
tools user experience.
- Design logical and physical database models and implement them
in development and testing environments.
- Collaborate and work closely with multiple technical teams
consisting of internal stakeholders, external vendors, information
technology subcontractors, and system vendors. Participate in
formal, informal, and program reviews.
- Direct on- and offshore technology providers in execution of
DBA activities on testing and production environments and
accountability for their delivery.
- Ensure customer needs (product strategy objectives, user
requirements, and technical environment compatibility) are met.
Formulate technical solutions, prepare reports, and create and
- Collaborate with external vendors to understand current state
and ensure that technological strategy/vision is consistent and
supportive of future state. Additionally, optimize existing
infrastructure, eliminating redundant applications and tools.
- Support governance efforts in the establishment, maintenance,
and monitoring of Service Level Agreements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or
related field; or an equivalent combination of education and work
- Ten or more years of experience at progressively increasing
levels of responsibility within information technology.
- Ten or more years of experience creating logical and physical
data models using relational and/or dimensional modeling.
- Eight or more years driving technical architecture decisions at
an enterprise level.
- Experience with best practice ETL development, integration,
configuration management methodologies, and project management
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications, and Experience:
- Master's degree in a technical discipline such as Information
Systems Management, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Experience in the healthcare or health insurance industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud architecture and
- Experience migrating data assets and infrastructure from
on-premise to cloud solutions.
- Experience with multiple platforms, operating systems, RDBMS,
and integrated development environments.
- Experience with Netezza appliance.
- Experience with IBM InfoSphere and Data Stage product.
- Experience with layered data architecture approach.
- Experience with TriZetto's Facets claims adjudication
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of industry-leading BI tools, SAS, BOXI,
- Ability to mentor resources in both leadership and technical
- Experience with layered data architecture approach.
- Strong business acumen and political savvy.
- Ability to lead and manage projects.
- Ability to collaborate while dealing with complex
- Ability to think creatively and to drive innovation.
- Ability to motivate, lead, and inspire a diverse group to a
common goal/solution with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to convert business strategy into action-oriented
objectives and measurable results.
- Strong negotiating, influencing, and consensus-building
- Ability to mentor, coach, and provide guidance to others.
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and
inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability
to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal
opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, sex, gender identity or
expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal,
state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to
diversity and inclusion, please see our Diversity Report at
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal
laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex,
national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender
identity or expression. Please visit
view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
BCBSRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a
disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of our
application process, please contact us at (see application details)
During the application process, please allow a minimum of five
business days before you contact our office to inquire about the
status of your application. If you have any questions regarding
your application or during the process, please contact Human
Resources by phone at (see application details) or by email at (see
application details) .
Southern New England, Boston, MA, Hartford, CT, Health Data
Analyst, RI Health Insurer, Healthcare, Wellness, Provider,
Network, Rhode Island, RI, Azure, Cloud, Computer, IS, IT,
Information Technology, Information Systems, Insurance, System,
Network, Programmer, Analyst, Hardware, Software, App, Application,
Help Desk, HelpDesk, Desktop
Keywords: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Providence , Enterprise Cloud Architect, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!