Communication Control Officer
Company: Brown University
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Description:The Communication Control Officer is responsible
for performing specialized work in receiving,--routing and
dispatching requests for services which come through the
Communication Center;--for maintaining as accurate status of all
field units; for monitoring various radio frequencies;
for--maintaining and reacting to alarm systems; for maintaining
specified logs; for initiating--Communication Receipts and for
performing routine clerical tasks. They shall be required
to--perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to operate the base station radio system in
accordance with proper radio procedure and FCC regulations. The
Dispatcher will receive information from and dispatch assignments
to various field units concerning reported incidents of a criminal
nature and/or requests for services.
- Must initiate CAD system input to handle all information coming
into the Communication
- Center as a means for informing different sections/departments
of a need for repair or follow-up, as well as keeping Department
supervisors informed of all pertinent information.
- Must maintain a complete and accurate Radio Log for the tour of
duty by means of data entry into the computerized CAD system.
- Must monitor and receive by radio, telephone, security and fire
alarms, etc.; information relative to the public safety status of
the University and surrounding community.
- Must be able to determine the significance of the communication
and according to established policies and procedures, with
considerable latitude for judgment, initiate action and communicate
information to field officers and other appropriate officials and
agencies prioritizing in the event of increased activity.
- Must maintain and prepare all logs and files as indicated,
provide information to members and guests of the University; must
maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Must control keys of various organizations per written
procedures and maintain the integrity of the key cabinet working
with the University Lock Shop.
- Monitor Providence Police and Fire Department radio frequencies
and rebroadcast relevant information to patrol officers.
- Must have the willingness and ability to support a diverse and
- Must have a voice compatible in tone and diction with the radio
and telephone systems and be able to communicate effectively and
coherently over law enforcement radio channels while initiating and
responding to radio communications.
- Must be capable of prioritizing tasks and handling a
- Must have strong verbal communications skills and be able to
effectively communicate with people, including juveniles, by giving
information and directions.
- Must have strong typing/computer skills.
- Must be able to prepare reports, including sketches, using
appropriate grammar, symbols and mathematical computations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school
- Must pass a physical examination administered by the
- Must not have any felony or serious misdemeanor
- Must pass a criminal background investigation.
- Must successfully pass this Department's Communication Control
Officer training program.
- Must successfully complete a 12-month probationary period (6
months if promoted to position). An employee transferred or
promoted from a part-time to a full-time position, or an employee
transferred or promoted during the first twelve months of
employment with the Department, shall serve a twelve (12) month
probation in the new position.
- Must successfully pass--an--assessment--of skills needed to
perform dispatching--skills, both listening and written assessment.
Application deadline March 10, 2021All offers of employment are
contingent upon consent to criminal background screening and
education verification with results satisfactory to
Brown.Recruiting Start Date:2021-02-01-08:00Job Posting
Title:Communication Control OfficerDepartment:Public Safety Office
of the ChiefGrade:Department of Public SafetyWorker
Type:EmployeeWorker Sub-Type:RegularTime Type:Full timeScheduled
Weekly Hours:40Submission Guidelines:Please note that in order to
be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown
University you must submit an application form for each position
for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept
on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and
resume with each position application.Still Have Questions?If you
have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org .EEO
Statement:Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.Brown University
is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global
community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for
employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the
basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability,
or any other legally protected status. Posted 6 Days Ago Full time
REQ169333 About Us Welcome! Founded in 1764, Brown is a leading
institution for education, discovery, and global intellectual
progress as well as one of the largest employers in Rhode Island.
Working at Brown brings more than just a paycheck and generous
benefits; it offers an opportunity to contribute to a greater good.
Join us in supporting the pursuit of knowledge and individual
growth that defines higher education and enriches our community.
Additional Information: Information about our salary ranges can be
found-- here . Attachments: A resume is required as part of your
job application. Please also include a cover letter and any other
related documents as noted in the job description.
Keywords: Brown University, Providence , Communication Control Officer, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!