Claims Practice Specialist Senior
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims
services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and
demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and
businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding
expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to
going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better
Analyzes coverage and settles moderately complex claims in one or
more of Gallagher Bassett's specialty claims areas. Generally,
incumbent does not work on workers compensation claims.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to manage the full-life cycle of all assigned claims
- Analyzes coverage and determines defense obligations.
- Under minimal supervision, conducts thorough analysis and
investigations necessary to determine claims exposure and recommend
appropriate settlement strategies and action plans.
- Creates reservation of rights and coverage denial letters.
- Negotiates settlements with clients, client attorneys, and
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the
claims process, and may recommend retaining the advice of outside
experts as necessary.
- Prepares reserve and settlement authority requests for client
and carrier approval.
- May act as a client advocate with carriers to ensure proper
claims handling, including any necessary scoping, estimating, and
addressing of coverage.
- Has a solid understanding of claims processing and the
insurance brokerage business.
- Has a basic understanding of the terminology and case law
associated with their specialized claims niche/industry.
- Handles claims consistent with clients' and corporate policies,
procedures and "best practices" and also in accordance with any
statutory, regulatory and ethical requirements.
- I ncumbents at this level should be able to work at full case
- High school diploma.
- 5 or more years related claims experience required.
- Prior experience working within the applicable specialty claims
area or demonstrated ability to handle unique/challenging claims
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which
claims are being handled.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
- Computer experience with related claims and business
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two or more years of prior experience adjusting claims in
applicable specialty area preferred.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize
activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate
verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve issues
inherent in handling of claims.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and
disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV
online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any
offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion
of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among
other things, post-employment obligations relating to
non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal
employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor
any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national
origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran
status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived
sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to,
recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion,
compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition,
Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or
mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a
disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business.
Keywords: Gallagher, Providence , Claims Practice Specialist Senior, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!