Master Production Scheduler for manufacturing plant
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 13, 2021
The key function in this role is to lead the monthly Sales &
Operating Plan meeting and coordination to comprehend demand
signals, work with planning, manufacturing operations, and other
cross-functional departments to develop short- and long-term
demand-supply plan and achieve execution excellence. You will
motivate, lead, and guide planners to continue to develop process
and tools used across the enterprise for planning efficiency,
increased collaboration with internal and external partners and
ensure the translation of demand into supply plan to seamlessly
serve business expectations. You will work with sales and customer
service to prioritize order fulfillment and achieve on-time
delivery goals. Resources are focused on continuous improvement of
the movement of materials through production processes, and the
establishment of key performance metrics and benchmarks to monitor
actual performance against goals.
- Lead and manage the monthly Sales & Operating Plan meeting and
management of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) to optimize the
- Manage day-to-day increases/decreases to the schedule following
discussions with Materials, Manufacturing and Customer Service
personnel to fulfil the weekly and firm period MPS plan (Schedule
Attainment). Coordination of information flow between planning,
warehouse, and production team.
- Generate all reports and communication at different levels as
- Perform daily planning across multiple value streams to
optimize output with reduced changeovers and waste.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to establish Sales
forecast in support of the S&OP process.
6. Work closely with Manufacturing to
support inventory levels / Manufacturing plan.
7. Work closely with Manufacturing and
New Product Development.
8. Update / Execute the MRP roll up
monthly or as needed. Work closely with Materials group to maintain
proper inventory levels of all components in support of the Master
9. Align MPS with MRP FG Code strategy,
maintaining SAP parameters according to changes in demand, ECN,
10. Coordinate manufacturing activities to develop a
balanced schedule, fully utilizing essential lean tools and kaizen
continuous improvement to achieve excellence.
11. Develop and implement lean strategies to improve
operation, quality, cost, and inventory control, using tools such
as pull systems, JIT, set-up reductions
12. Participate, coach, and lead continuous improvement
13. Leadership and development of the team
14. Proven effective establishment of Master Production
Schedule. Ability to work under limited supervision.
15. Strong computer skills and competent use of Microsoft
office products particularly Word and Excel; working knowledge of
Inventory Management / Material planning / ERP Systems (SAP).
Excellent organization skills and the ability to plan,
prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
Education /Skills /Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as Production/Materials Planner
- Strong Computer skills (SAP, MS Office, and Power BI
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Extended knowledge of planning processes (MRP, MPS,
- APICS qualification highly desirable
- Basic knowledge of Lean Production (Value Stream Mapping,
Material Replenishment and Flow, PFEP, etc.)
- General knowledge of Operations / Manufacturing processes in
- Project implementation/ Management
- Capability to drive and sustain performance improvements
- Product understanding and business acumen.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Providence , Master Production Scheduler for manufacturing plant, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!