Company: Ira Green, Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes various types of manual and numerically controlled
machine shop equipment to perform machining operations on all types
of materials including but not limited to ferrous and nonferrous
metals, nonmetallic materials, their alloys, and synthetic
- Works from and in accordance with specifications and design
criteria including but not limited to verbal instructions,
drawings, and blueprints; performs standard shop computations
relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds, and feeds of
- Uses a wide variety of precision measuring instruments;
maintains accurate dimensional tolerances based upon drawings.
- Selects the appropriate cutting tools to maximize efficiency
and ensure quality of product.
- Sets up and operates a variety of machines including but not
limited to lathes, mills, jig borers, and precision grinders to
perform multiple machining operations and ensure the proper
utilization of equipment and material.
- Suggests changes in design involving productivity and process
of manufacture to proper staff.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of industry,
machinery, and techniques.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of all applicable
safety regulations and considerations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent from a Technical/Trade school
- One to Two years related experience or equivalent.
- Understanding of blueprints.
- Excellent communication and basic math skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary Ira Green, Inc.
is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Ira Green, Inc, Providence , Machinist Apprentice, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!