Incident Coordinator - Help Desk
Company: Amica Mutual Insurance Company
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Help Desk Incident Coordinator (Corporate Information Systems
25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865Are you looking for a career in a growing industry
with new products, new markets and new technology?
The feeling is mutual.Our Lincoln, RI office is seeking a Help Desk
Incident Coordinator who performs the tasks necessary to support
activities within the incident management process. They will follow
and monitor the process to quickly restore normal service operation
to minimize the impact to business operations.This role is located
in our Lincoln, RI office, and will be eligible for two remote work
days per week.Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison with Teams, Service Owners, and Managers of
all technical domains to ensure swift resolution of critical
customer issues, major service interruptions and customer impacting
events within service targets.
- Assist with the coordination of potential major incidents and
major incidents including:
- Coordinating triage efforts by assembling targeted support
groups for High and Critical priority incidents that disrupt or
negatively impact Business Applications and Services, including
after normal business hours.
- Chairs Major Incident bridge line ensuring continuous
collaboration with support teams keeping Stakeholders and
Management informed about the progress of service restoration as
well as documenting the call for use and review in Incident
- Contribute to the activation of the Major Incident procedure
when relevant and coordinates the restoration of impacted
service(s) while ensuring that the incident is documented and
- Uses data, metrics and open feedback to analyze incidents and
alerts in order to help make operational decisions towards the
resolution of major service interruptions.
- Assisting with assignments / escalations of incidents to
affected groups including escalating to Management when
- Responsible for communication to Stakeholders, IT Management,
Business Partners and end-users for all Critical Incidents
including initial notification, ongoing status and resolution about
the impact to business operations.
- Coordinate and document Post Incident Reviews with involved
teams and ensures Problem Management is initiated to diagnose the
underlying cause of the Incident.
- Monitor, research and analyze Help Desk incident queues, system
alerts and escalations to identify possible trends or outages.
- Facilitate the resolution of priority 1 and 2 incidents and
incidents exceeding standard service level target (SLT).
- Utilize ITIL best practices to identify and analyze patterns
and trends from a variety of data sources.
- Follow the incident management process supporting that SLTs are
- Carry out respective reporting for the Help Desk to be shared
- Create Knowledge with repeatable procedures that help reduce
the number of incidents.
- Attend and participates in weekly CAB to review and discuss
concerns with upcoming changes or releases and when appropriate
works with the ITSM team to rectify concerns.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years of Help Desk or
Incident Management experience or an equivalent combination of
education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Experience in the technical field
- Ability to gather and identify facts needed to determine
possible root cause.
- Possesses a high degree of patience and skill under
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer services
skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- High proficiency with Win10, Jira/Confluence and MS Office
applications, including MS Teams, Word, and Excel.
- Experience in IT Service Management platforms such as BMC
Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.
- ITIL v4 Foundations certification or commitment to obtain
- Action-oriented with the ability to use time effectively and
efficiently with a concentration on more important or urgent
priorities with the ability to shift between various
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to effectively use technical and business-friendly terms
depending on the situation.
- Must be technically literate and be able to articulate
technical issues in a meaningful way to both technical and
non-technical teams, Stakeholders, and Management.Perks and
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term
disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing
- This role will take place in Lincoln, RI with the opportunity
to work remotely 2 days per week.About AmicaAmica Mutual Insurance
Company is America's oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct
national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella
insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary,
provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded
on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring
relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a
mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and
support.Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are
authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical
and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status,
genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age
Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the
basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or
older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers'
Keywords: Amica Mutual Insurance Company, Providence , Incident Coordinator - Help Desk, Other , Lincoln, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!